Building Sign Reads ‘F*** Meg Whitman And Carly Fiorina’

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5) — In an already nasty election year, outspoken San Francisco defense attorney Tony Serra has unfurled a huge banner in front of his building near busy and tourist-heavy Broadway and Kearny streets in North Beach, stating “F*** Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina.”

Serra told CBS 5 he was upset at the amount of money being spent by the wealthy Republican candidates in their efforts to get elected California governor and U.S. Senator.

“To utterly condemn someone, that’s what the “F” word means to me, and that’s the way it’s intended, but I think they’re a threat to democracy itself. Capitalism cannot buy public office,” Serra said in an interview.

He maintained posting the sign on the building he owns that also houses the popular Enrico’s restaurant is “a first amendment prerogative.”

Whitman responded by calling it “a very personal attack.”

“What have I been called in this race. I’ve been called a liar, a Nazi and a whore. And I have run a campaign on the issues,” she told CBS 5.

Fiorina campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said that “Carly respects differences of opinion expressed respectfully, but this (sign) is extremely offensive.”

(© 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Vadim says:

He said what we all think, Thank You Mr. Serra.

1. 02144pomroy says:

Your whole damn state is going down the “tubes” and this is the best you clowns can do???? Your best bet is to have China annex you idiots. If the Feds try to bail your sorry butts out, there WILL be a revolution.

1. lR says:

about as intelligently eloquent as a Democrat can be — hence the current debacle in Washington and Sacramento.

1. db8ng1 says:

He’s a very successful defense attorney. I really don’t think his intelligence or eloquence can be questioned. Yours on the other hand….

Besides ad hominem attacks, what exactly is it that you do?

2. jim says:

DEFEAT REPUBLICONS, THEY HAVE CRASHED THE ECONOMY AND EXPLODED THE NATIONAL DEBT BY TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON FRAUDULENT OIL WARS, WHAT WMD ? THE CONS BAILED OUT WALL STREET BANKERS AND IGNORED JOE THE PLUMBER, DUMP THE CONS FOR THEIR FAILED TRICKLE DOWN POLICIES AND LIES. DUMP THE CONS FOR ALLOWING 911 WHEN THEY KNEW THE TERRORISTS COULD NOT LAND THE PLANES.

1. Stogie says:

Did you forget your thorazine again, jim?

2. 02144pomroy says:

Jim, I hope the assylem has an APB out on you! You’re not safe to be around anyone!

3. paganbaby444 says:

Put down the meth and step away from the keyboard.

3. ThomasAnderson says:

Of course you do. You’re just as low class and reprehensible as this guy is. Let me guess, you’re gay too. Do I have that right?

4. F88KLiberals says:

F88K OBAMA, PELOSI, REID, and SERRA. There ya go…much better sign. A few nutballs will think the Serra sign better, most Americans can agree my sign is better.

5. Mike says:

we “ALL” think? speak for yourself and all those crazy hater libs. Not everyone shares your views…

2. David T. Mosley says:

We appreciate the sentiment, though it could have been expressed more delicately…

3. J says:

Typical Left Winger, nothing real, just an immature senseless response.

4. debbie says:

LOOK at the data ,,first of all ,,,Meg Whiman has spent her own money,,,and Carley has raised money,Boxer and Brown have spent more taxpayers money that Whitman and Fioria….so what I think you meant was f–k ‘Brown and Boxer”

1. db8ng1 says:

You clearly have no idea how democracy, elections and basic math works.

Whitman has spent over $162M on this campaign. $142M of her own money and $20M from other sources: fundraisers, special interests, etc. She’s spent $22M this month alone.

On the other hand, Brown has spent only $26M total.

Who’s the fiscal conservative now?

Doesn’t it offend you that she’s attempting to buy the campaign?

1. masri says:

Buy the campaign? No one has come to me offering money for my vote. Has anyone come to you?

2. Davester59 says:

Wow a stupid statement, when you outspend your opponent by a 6 to 1 margin what else do you call it but an attempt to BUY the election, typical limited thinking from a conservatroll

3. Chuck says:

They offer you money everyday for your vote by lying about how they are going to “save” california. WAKE UP!! They are not only trying to buy your vote, they are trying to buy your BRAIN and it looks like its working

4. charles116 says:

She should buy a few hair transplants.

5. Kevin says:

No, I think she understands the dire need to fix this state and is willing to put her money where her mouth is to do it. Politics have failed this once great state and it’s about time we put someone in office that understands what it takes to think about the people rather then themselves.

5. D.H. says:

liberals=hate this country
    conservatives=love this country

1. B Goodman says:

liberals = can think for themselves
      conservatives = need Beck, Fox, and Limbaugh to tell them what to think

2. Carol P says:

Liberals know how to think. Conservatives know how to parrot what is told to them.

3. R. Paulson says:

F**K D.H.

6. Mad Mike says:

Keep it up lefties. The more you viciously attack these women the easier it makes it for me to vote for them….

1. Tim says:

Sounds like you were going to vote for them anyway.
      Still, as a D, I will say that personally I find this sign distasteful.
      I simply feel that Boxer and Brown have better ideas for the State and the Country.

2. Chromodynamics says:

If you want to waste your vote, then go right ahead. Considering how the Tea Party wants to repeal the 17th Amendment to the US Constitution, should the Tea Party candidates you vote for ever get in, then it may be the last time you’ll ever get to vote for them or any other candidate in any election for senate.

3. coopsoop says:

Stay mad, Mike. You were going to vote for them anyways. Besides, as least it’s spelled correctly, as opposed to your signs.

4. jawaralal bernstein says:

does that make u an sbag, eh?

7. cal says:

Thank you for saying what we Dems feel. Hate our country? We’re trying to save it.

Conservatives love themselves only not their country so stuff it.

1. CR says:

And the ditto from the drone.

1. 02144pomroy says:

I wish Conservatives would start putting up FUC* Boxer & Brown. Such a double standard. Liberals hate America and only add to its mainstreaming of crudeness.

2. CR says:

Really? When Bush was in power you guys were torching US flags or not displaying them “because you were ashamed of America for Bush”. The Conservatives still display their flags dispite the Nazi in the office. We love our country not the figurehead. You guys only love the country when it is giving you idiots something. You guys are nothing but pigs.

1. john says:

Pigs who can think for ourselves.
        I don’t think you know what a Nazi is, Does it really bother you that much that a black man is living in your precious Bush’s house now?

8. D.H. says:

Typical Bezerkeley comment , soo pathetic !

9. doug says:

I am voting for change

1. will says:

sex -change ? FU then !

2. Kay says:

change for the worse is what you are voiting for!! wake up!!

10. Michael says:

It doesn’t matter what side of the political tree you are on; hanging a huge offensive banner out in public view like Tony Serra did shows very low levels of maturity and character.

1. `SusanElizabeth1949 says:

Or lousy taste in ‘lovers’.

2. CR says:

You are dealing with Leftists. To them there are no rules for them in their minds. Sure to others there are rules, they want the other side pinned down. I am a Libertarian so I do not entirely agree with everything they say or do but atleast Conservatives will show mutual respect. Leftists will pretend to be your buddies when they need your support, once they have power, they cut your throat.

1. john says:

“Conservatives will show mutual respect.”

since when?

3. Riza says:

I agree with you Michael!…

11. Albaby says:

Tony Serra doesn’t own any buildings. The guy takes no money for his court cases; he’s taken a vow of poverty. I wonder if he was bsing the reporter.

1. Tony says:

If I had a private trust fund in the millions from dead relatives, I would take a vow of poverty too. Try researching next time as you would came to this conclusion and maybe have not wasted my time in discrediting the “unread”.

12. venezuelan says:

typical san franciscan liberal. mr serra you are hugo chavez’s friend you should move to venezuela where i came from. looser!

1. Kayrf says:

Hey name caller, care to explain how my country the United States of America liiks anything like your country regardless of who currently hold the majority?

2. roumen tomanov says:

What’s a looser, loser?

1. mikie44 says:

someone with bowl problems

13. JVC says:

He got that right

14. Scott says:

I’ve been a union carpenter for 31 + years. These canidates have said they want to fight against what feeds my family. While certain state employees pensions have gotten out of hand, it clearly is not the teachers. I hold a vocational teaching creditial, and have thought about using it. The pay is incredibly low. Any canidate that claims teachers make to much, or that they want to fight middle class union familys deserves to be called out like this. Period!

1. paganbaby says:

You say you hold a valid teaching credential, and you write “…teachers make *to* much”? You don’t know the difference between *to* and *too*? That’s Second Grade material. Wow.

2. 02144pomroy says:

Scott, teachers make “too much”, not “to much”. I can see why our kids are so stupid…..

1. Riza says:

lmao!..good for you 02144pomroy..yes you are right,that’s why our children are stupid because of STUPID TEACHER with incorrect grammar like Scott….I meant,..UNION SELF ENTITLEMENT SCOTT!..

3. paganbaby444 says:

I said that earlier, but the CBS 5 Approval Czars didn’t like it (no profanity, so I don’t know what chafed them). Also, what’s a “canidate”? Sounds like something in the Dog family, or a typo. You probably don’t teach typing. That’s okay, but “to” and “too” is Second Grade stuff.

4. CeeDee says:

Besides the mistakes other posters have pointed out, you misspelled “families”, and it’s employees’, not employees, and the word is credential. I knew all this, and I never went to college!

15. Richard says:

Thank you, Mr. Serra. It should have been said long ago.

16. Joe says:

I will be eating there more often from now on.

17. Green says:

F*** organized mobbing for the wealthy. Little people will have zero rights once some bullies are seated.

18. Bad Boy says:

Right on Tony. You merely stated what a lot of us feel!

19. 1Banana says:

Doesn’t any one have a sense of humor? I think this is the funniest thing any one has done is S.F. yet. lol

1. bean says:

Classless, sexist and baseless but really funny.

20. Tea partier wannabe says:

I second that! Add Sharon Angle and oDonnor as well. Dumb as a door nail.

1. kay says:

It is just so hard to believe there are so many gulible people in the US. Dont they realize that Carl Rove and his big business interests are really behind controlling the Tea Party? Do you see any of these Tea Party candidates with the smarts to run anything? Its just sad that so many people are taken in.

1. bean says:

If the Democrat’s ideas were so brilliant Greece would be a thriving economy-California-the land of fruits, nuts and really rude idiots

2. john says:

well said and totally true.

2. 02144pomroy says:

Also add Barack Obama to the list too! Oh yeah, Brown and Boxer also. Although I would rather do it with Carly than Brown!

21. Madame De Stael says:

Short, sweet, succinct: San Franciscan truth-telling at its very best.

Thanks for giving us all an outlet for our feelings, Mr. Serra!

22. Califnative says:

I will be visiting S.F. more often, and make it a point to do business at this place.
    Progressives/Liberals have what the Democrats need . . . core principals, and cojones.
    I am disapointed of the wimpy and compromising Democrats- but hell no! I won’t ever vote for the warmongers Republicans/teabaggers.
    I will vote for some strong Democrats and for Peace & Freedom Party.
    I will encourage all Democrats with principals and Progressives and Liberals to start giving Peace & Freedom our votes and gradually bump the weak Dems bums out.

1. `SusanElizabeth1949 says:

And there by help elect Republican’s in close elections?

2. 02144pomroy says:

The 60’s are over……

1. paganbaby444 says:

Don’t tell most of the people here that, or they’ll jump off the Golden Gate Bridge! The Sixties are forever … The Sixties are forever … Must believe, calm down, smoke a doob…

23. Califnative says:

I know where I am going to be eating next time in SF, and what Attorney I will be hiring if I ever need one.
    Hell NO! to republicans & teabaggers
    Vote yes for strong Democrats with a spine and replace the weak-links with real for the people candidates from the Peace & Freedom Party and the Green Party. If you are mad a the Dems is okay, but doesn’t mean you need to vote for the GOP who are the ones who got us into this mess and unnecessary wars.

1. tomanderson says:

Well first, you use the word teabagger, which automatically disqualifies you from any rational conversation. You’re an idiot, same as the lawyer.

1. john says:

I suppose calling someone an idiot makes YOU qualified for a rational conversation? Or maybe you just couldn’t think of anything else to say.

24. Carly says:

I was undecided, but I am now voting for Carly and Meg. Thanks!

1. Ron says:

If you let a sign decide who you’re voting for then you’re either a liar or a buffoon. So, which is it?

1. jerry says:

Third possibility: Insulted Republican who was going to vote for both anyway.

2. 02144pomroy says:

Hey Ron, sometimes that’s all it takes to put one over the side! I’m with Carly!

2. kay says:

ha ha ha so you would throw your vote away because of one word? OMG, this is just the kind of person that is taken in by Meg & Carly. They dont see these two are trying to “buy” the governorship and the senate seat. You should call O;Donnell and have a conversation. I am sure it would be on the same low level of thinking.

1. 02144pomroy says:

SUUUUUre kay, you dems ALWAYS base you votes on intellectual introspection!
        What a joke! If that were the case, you would always vote Republican. You pipe smoking snobs…….

2. Riza says:

You are 100% ill informed Kay!….WE The Tea Party are more POWERFUL than any establishment!…WE THE PEOPLE!…oh and Sarah Palin is so stupid she’s making all your head spin,…lol!…that’s POWERFUL,….COMMON SENSE is making the left heads spin,the elitist left teleprompter can’t break her down!…yeah,WE THE TEA PARTY WILL put the U.S Constitution back to America!…and we are the reason why the Democratic Party will fall come November 3!,…IMAGINE THAT!…

25. Bud says:

What if it is printed with OBAMA and PELOSI instead, there will be looting in the street and called racist.

1. Davster59 says:

Hey bud much worse is printed and said daily about both the Speaker and the President, guess you don’t pay attention do you Bud, also we don’t stomp on womens heads or arrest reporters without the real authority to do so, so bud PHUCK YOU

26. tizzielish says:

Right on, Mr. Serra.

I hope this reflects a rising tone of outrage all across the country. I can understand rich people using their money, if they have it, to grab more. It might not be right but that’s the way of the world. What really gets me is all the middle class Joe Schmoes who listen to the nonsense of the conservative right and the conservative punditry and then vote against their own interests.

27. tizzielish says:

If Nevada elects that loonie-tunes Sharron Angle, I am going to be very afraid. How can people vote for someone who utters the crazy stuff she says? not to mention that she has called to eliminating Social Security, which includes, folks, Medicare.

Or explain this to me: how many Americans earn more than $250,000 a year? Not many. And yet many millions of middle class voters think that lowering taxes for folks making more than $250K is going to benefit them. If folks want government benefits, like agricultural subsidies, Medicare for their aging parents (and, eventually themselves), infrastructure, etc, the money has to come from somewhere. Why not the rich? Why vote for the Repugs who want to lower taxes for the rich?

28. tizzielish says:

masri . . doesn’t it bother you that Whitman did not rise to be the Repug nominee for governor based on her history of service, building a following of supporters? doesn’t it bother you that if she did not spend $162 million bucks, you would still have no idea who she is. That’s buying a shot at the governor’s job. Don’t you want our elected leaders to get into office for something more than writing checks?

29. RAMSHA says:

Okay the sign is offensive; but he did make his point better than most others in this midterm elections in just two words.

30. Truth Hurts says:

I used to be a liberal until about the age of 31 then I woke up. More proof that liberals are men who are whimps and women whom have never had children of their own before(cat lovers) or if they did it was after the age of 35 (cause some whimp felt sorry for them.

1. PAINLESS says:

You seem to be confusing AGE with WISDOM, my fellow American. My suspicion is that you became either more selfish, greedy, disconnected or discontented. You turned Inward to your own narrow needs instead of Outward toward that of your fellow man. Too many variables, so I cannot be specific to make any critical thinking conclusions… which is also something you’ve abandoned at age 31. Best of Luck in your living nightmare.

1. heterodoxy says:

Post of the day. This theory perfectly describes the aging xenophobic tea party.

2. Davester59 says:

Wow name calling makes you so mature, I think you fell asleep at 31 or shut off your brain because you found genuine critical thinking to difficult and any time you’d like to meet me and call me a wimp to my face I’d be glad to show you what I’m made of

1. JB says:

Please, you’re just an internet tough guy.

3. Ron says:

Dear Truth,

You’re kind of an idiot, aren’t you?

31. Loofa says:

Conservatives know how to think. Liberals need Starbucks , Apple and Trader Joes to tell them how to think….Good Luck ya New Age hippies.

32. libpublican says:

Apple made by Foxconn. in China

33. Mike says:

Whitman has run a campaign on the issues? In what parallel universe?

1. Deloris says:

Amen to that.

34. charles116 says:

Couldn’t he fit Sharron Angle in there somewhere.

1. kay says:

I am sure when it comes to Angle, it just doesnt have to be said. Its just a given!

35. Wildest Bill says:

When the government gives huge tax cuts to wealthy folk, they don’t use the money to create jobs, they use the money to run for office.

1. bean says:

The Govt creates so many jobs-albeit on tax payer money-what an idiot you are.
      Spread your own wealth-leave mine alone.

36. Wildest Bill says:

Oh yeah, let’s do to Carly “She’ll Ream Ya” what she did to HP workers.
    The sign says it best!

37. KayoFrisco says:

Tony sometimes goes over the top with hyperbole. After all, he is an attorney.
    SF is going to go Dem as usual and vote for the locally identified Brown and Boxer. It looks like the rest of CA will do the same.
    The last time I saw Mr. Serra in public was years ago at a Grateful Dead concert in Sacramento. He seemed pretty mellow and rational. My general attitude to everyone on the left and right is in the words of Jon Stewart, is “tone it down”.

38. Merhaba says:

My favorite campaign button here in California is “Tell her California is not for sale”.

39. Kenninsf says:

You know what, good for him. The Right isn’t the only ones that can express anger. They haven’t seen anything yet. This next 4 years is going to be something else. If they can tote guns into town hall meetings, call our politicians names like Nazi’s, , Baby Killers,etc.. Why not?

40. antilib says:

Such classiness. It is soooo Democrat.

41. Scott says:

OMG, The Democrats have stooped almost as low as Fox News!

1. kay says:

thats impossible!

42. RepigsLuvOyxcontin says:

Whitman: “I wanna buy your vote! Just listen to one of my 3,663,226 lie-filled ads! Help this rich idiot – myself – get richer. Vote for meeeeeeee!”

Fiorina: “I wanna do to America what I did to HP! Help this rich failure – myself – get richer. Vote for meeeeee!”

1. bean says:

you deserve Boxer/Brown hahahahahahahaahahahahahahah.

43. PlantGod72 says:

Well said…………

Do it to them before they can do it to California!!!

BOXER/BROWN for CALIFORNIA!

44. Sjg says:

There’s a good citizen expressing his 1st Amendment rights. Amen brother.

45. Chris Snyder says:

Whitman lost it with the housekeeper issue – showed what she thought of “little people”. Personally I don’t think Brown will be helpful, unless he can fix the budget problem.

46. MissButterfly says:

I’ve never seen the “F” word hurled by conservatives at any candidate.
    But we see this all the time from liberals.
    ‘Tell you what, California – if Brown and Boxer win, please do the rest of the country a favor and secede. The rest of us don’t like living in the same country as you do.

1. john says:

you conservatives already live in a rose-colored world of your own,don’t you?

47. mj loehrer says:

You people in California are nuts. We in middle America have to bail out your stupid spending. I hope you get Brown and Boxer. God, they’re a pair of clowns to draw in a poker hand. One’s a flaming lunatic and the other’s a traitor.

1. bean says:

Couldn’t agree more

2. Mr X says:

WE need Witman an Fiorina not the same disaster – if you do the same you get same results we need to change

48. TruthHound says:

Classless Democrat. But then, I repeat myself.

49. bean says:

All of these posts are EXACTLY whey California is BUST. What a bunch of liberal idiots.. MOSt of these posts contain WRONG facts much less idiotic ideas. Wow I am in shock-and I thought NY was bad, but at least hey are informed liberals.

50. mj loehrer says:

Jim @ 6:28 pm. You’re a sicko. Please, get professional help

1. john says:

truth hurts,doesn’t it? Jim hit the nail on the head.

51. TAG says:

What a grotesque threesome image that conjures up it will give me nightmares for weeks. I don’t think that Mr Serra pictured that kind of sandwich when he hung the banner on his restaurant.

52. Dor says:

Childish little baby…

53. ramblingman says:

Sadly, it’s typical for liberals to resort to personal attacks bordering on the childish when faced with actual policy debates, mostly due to the fact that liberal tax-and-spend policies are exactly why CA is circling the drain, while other states led by fiscally conservatives who understand economics are doing much better. As a Libertarian who is enjoying the success of the Tea Party grassroots movement that shows that the people of this country have finally awakened, I would suggest that you refrain from lowering yourselves to their levels by responding. People who have reached that stage of venomous hate are not going to be rational, they are simply going to keep responding with ugliness and hate. Funny how it’s almost universally the left that uses such hate-filled sewage while purporting to be the inclusive and understanding ones.

54. ron says:

Tony, can you people ever say something intelligent?

55. Mr X says:

Worried about how much is spent? How much do you think the opponents are spending? Just as much if not more. . . . – Only in San Francisco will you see a sign like this-

56. SANJAY says:

AHAHAHA!!!!STUPIDS AMERIKAKA HOW DAR U MOCK CARLY FIRRIONA????SHE IS LIKE GODDES TO US MAKE BANGALORE BILLIONZ SEND U JOBS TO INDIA!!!!AHAHADUMB AMERIKAKA WORK LONG WOLMORT SCRUP TOILET WIT WORTLESS DIPLOM!!!!ME AN RASVIN LIK COME TO AND MAKE MESS LAUGH U CLEAN UP IN ISLE SIX!!!!!NOT MAKE FUN OF CARLY SHE NATURAL TRESUR INDIA AND ALSO ON TWITTER/INTERNSANJAY BECAU