Police Shut Down San Jose Nightclub After Shooting

SAN JOSE (AP) — Authorities have temporarily shut down a downtown San Jose nightclub where two men were shot over the weekend.

San Jose police suspended Miami Beach Club’s entertainment license for two weeks after one man was shot in the stomach and another grazed by a bullet early Saturday morning.

Police say a friend of the men was also hit over the head with a bottle or chair. None of the men has been identified, and no arrests have been made.

Sgt. Ronnie Lopez told the San Jose Mercury News that investigators want to know why club employees failed to report the shooting.

Police only learned about it after a woman flagged officers down and said a man in her car had been shot there during a fight.

The club’s owner did not return calls seeking comment.

(© 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live