News Corp. Delays Launch Of iPad-Only Newspaper

NEW YORK (AP) — News Corp. says it is pushing back the launch of the world’s first iPad-only newspaper.

The company declined to comment on why.

But a person familiar with the matter says News Corp. and iPad maker Apple Inc. have decided to delay the launch while they work out the technical details of how subscriptions will work. The person is speaking on condition of anonymity because the person isn’t authorized to disclose details.

The person says the holdup will be weeks and not months. A formal announcement about the new publication, called The Daily, had been slated for Jan. 19.

The Wall Street Journal reported on the delay earlier.

News Corp. has staffed bureaus around the country to provide material for the new publication. It will cover general news, culture and entertainment.


One Comment

  1. Anonymous says:

    Arrest those who leaked any details from any companies, especially Apple!

  2. Katherine Ogle says:

    I live on the Haywood Fault in Berkeley, and would like to participate in the mapping of the tremors. I can’t find the info to do so on today’s cbs news page as directed . Help!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live