ConsumerWatch: Costco Takes The Plunge In Wedding Dress Market

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5) – From baked goods to furniture, Costco is getting into the wedding business.

The company’s website offers competitive prices on jewelry, flowers, and photos for your big day.

For a limited time, the giant warehouse store is also teaming up with celebrity designer Kirstie Kelly to offer stylish gowns at a reasonable price. Members can now afford couture-inspired wedding gowns, said spokesperson Heather Gordon.

Unlike other bridal stores, the collection only includes six dresses and prices range from $699 to $1399. Still, members will have the opportunity to speak with bridal consultants and try on wedding gowns.

You’ll only find the dresses at the Almaden Costco in San Jose as part of an event that ends Sunday. According to Gordon, the next bridal trunk show will be in Reno.

The Costco Collection could also be seen online through Kirstie Kelly website.

(© 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. vannas12 says:

OH,this is a nice article,I very like it!

2. vannas12 says:

OH,the article is very good,I like it very much!

3. celebrity4545 says:

some beautiful prom dress you can see. Almost all people have a evening dresses. so looking for a fashion fashion dress is very impotant .

4. boutiquepromdresses says:

Almost all people have a prom dresses. so looking for a fashion fashion dress is very impotant .

5. mycelebritydresses says:

Almost all people have a prom dresses. so looking for a fashion fashion celebrity dress is very impotant .

6. dress1213 says:

7. Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!