Man Locked In Closet During San Francisco Home Invasion Robbery

SAN FRANCISCO (BCN) – A man was locked in his closet during a home invasion robbery in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley neighborhood on Wednesday morning in which two men and a woman took his van and several other pricey items, police said.

The robbery was reported at about 11 a.m. in the 400 block of Visitacion Avenue, according to police.

A woman knocked on the victim’s door, and when he opened it, a man took out a gun and entered the home along with the woman and another man, police said.

The suspects locked the victim, a 43-year-old man, in a closet during the robbery. When he eventually escaped, the suspects were gone, as was his cellphone, laptop computer, flat-screen TV, and his van, according to police.

The man was uninjured during the robbery.

No arrests have been made in the case, and detailed suspect descriptions were not immediately available, police said.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services may have contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Jay says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If you don’t know who’s knocking at the door, don’t answer it.

2. john smith says:

You mean, “if you don’t know the person at the door, answer with gun in hand.”

1. Truth About SF says:

Heck yeah, that I totally agree with. Besides, I keep extra guns in our closet, lock me in there and all you’ll do it arm me further.

3. Bloodhounds says:

I never answer my door or the phone and I live in a socalled nice neighborhood. He’s lucky he was locked in the closet and unharmed. Maybe the thugs in the hood are starting to learn some manners. I use to know a guy named Brian that lived there and owned a van, hope it wasn’t him.

4. chris mei says:

He’s lucky he wasn’t injured and that he’s alive.

5. sf says:

Now that’s a Visitacion!

6. Scout Mandilk says:

We need full physical description.