Study: Medical Marijuana Leaves Big Carbon Footprint

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) – A new study found indoor medical marijuana growers now account for 3 percent of California’s electricity usage, enough to power 1 million homes.

The plant itself may be green, but indoor pot farms produce greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 1 million automobiles, according to an independent analysis by Evan Mills, a researcher at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

KCBS’ Susan Leigh Taylor Reports:

Mills’ findings (.pdf) are not surprising considering how much machinery is needed to ensure ideal growing conditions, said collaborator Scott Zeramby.

Zeramby, who owns Dirt Cheap, an agriculture equipment supply store in Ft. Bragg,  said his medical marijuana customers find grow lights are just the beginning.

“There’s a bunch of ancillary equipment—water pumps, fans, some people use air conditioning. There’s carbon dioxide generation equipment. It’s a pretty energy intensive process,” he said.

Zeramby questioned the cost effectiveness of growing almost any crop indoors, although he and Mills did not compare medical marijuana to other indoor growing operations.

“There’s an economy that seems to support the ineffeciencies,” he said, adding that privacy and security are what drive most marijuana growers inside.

And in an effort to control the climate precisely, Zeramby said many growers wind up with heating and cooling systems that work against each other and drive up energy use.

Less energy intensive techniques such as LED lighting are becoming more common, he said, but the fractured nature of the medical marijuana industry has made information sharing difficult.

(© 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Johhny K says:

Medical Marijuana is the biggest hoax that Pot Heads are actually getting away with. There are better, safer, legal alternatives than marijuana.

1. Archie says:

Medical Cannabis is hardly a hoax. Cannabis is much safer than gin or bourbon.

1. Johnny K says:

Who said Gin and Bourbon were medicine? Wow was that really your argument? Did you know that Marijuana raises your dopamine levels high enough to promote schizophrenia? Put the joint down and do some research.

2. Big G says:

Do tell us smart one. Are you one of those guys that says anything without really doing your homewokrk? Jst asking!!!

3. Anthony Smith says:

lol it is a legal alternative now the only problem is money hungry corps and govs are not able to send ppl into debt charging them for it. you speak as though you have a debilitating disease that you have found some drug other than weed for? Or are you just some healthy dude that has no idea?

1. Johnny K says:

There is a medicine called Marinol.. Guess what is has the stuff that “Helps” without all the negative effects of THC. Ohh wait let me guess.. you need your weed for writers cramp?

2. TheDeacon says:

This is for Johnny K. MARINOL does nothing for Chronic Nausea & Vomiting. I’ve tried it and it does not work and is way more expensive than real Medical Marijuana. Even if you live in an illegal State. That’s how expensive Marinol is. $800 for 60-5mg pills a month. Why do you care, we don’t even want you to use it if that’s you attitude. But you’re just spewing and it really makes you look like a stupid red neck. Not saying you are, just saying you make yourself look that way. Totally without compassion for your fellow man. Why are you so bitter?

4. TheDeacon says:

There is NO Drug in today’s Pharmacopoeia that Controls Chronic Nausea & Vomiting. NOTHING! Inhaled Cannabis Vapors gives Immediate Relief from Chronic Nausea & Vomiting. If you do not like Cannabis fine. But you, nor anyone else, has the right to deny patients what can heal them. Cannabis KILLS CANCER via our Endocannabinoid System and the use of Cannabis. Google Anandamide and 2-AG (2-Arachidonoylglycerol) Chemicals made in YOUR BODY that mimic the same effects of the Cannabinoids from the Marijuana plant. THAT is how and why Cannabis is NON-TOXIC and therapeutic even when SMOKED!

5. TheDeacon says:

What do you have that controls Chronic Nausea & Vomiting? For there is nothing listed in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia. Only Cannabis controls Chronic Nausea & Vomiting. Give it up Johnny K you and all other anti cannabis people have lost BIG TIME. Because CANNABIS KILLS CANCER See the PROOF for yourself http://www.lynnicewedewer.com/.

6. TheDeacon says:

Right that’s why Cannabis Oil KILLED the cancer in this 2 yr old boy’s brain when nothing else could. Can you not read?

7. spinaldamage says:

You must not have ever been trully ill & r foolish and unknowing.Make pharmasuiticle co. rich pushing poisions.Poor john,what a fool.whats wrong if people have a smile on anyway.

1. The Deacon says:

JOHNNY K HAS LEFT THE BUILDING LOL!!!

2. David says:

Not at all mentioned was the fact that almost all “indoor pot grows” ignore any “economies” because they are running on STOLEN POWER!

1. ET Phone Home says:

Your statement is completely false. A minor percentage may steal power,but you must realize that stealing power was more for covering up electricity usage. Now growing is legal and there are very few “criminal” growers left. Please do a little research before you make such a prejudice statement

3. TheDeacon says:

If only Cannabis were legal and treated like a commodity with Hemp and recognized as the Medicine it is we could grow outdoors where Cannabis leaves a very small carbon footprint. In fact Cannabis is easier on the soil than corn or soybeans. It would be an excellent rotation crop for fields if non THC containing Hemp were legal. The Medical Schools are not able to teach new doctors about the Endocannabinoid System and Cannabis/Cannabinoids and the Human Body. In the U.S. this is a totally new field. It is the future you wait and see.

1. Johnny K says:

Tell me one medical benefit. Please!

1. TheDeacon says:

1) CHRONIC NAUSEA & VOMITING. There is NOTHING for Chronic Nausea & Vomiting Control in the U. S. Pharmacopoeia. What do you care if sick people use medical marijuana? They aren’t doing it in your house. What are you, an illegal drug dealer? Or just close minded and uneducated person who believes in Reefer Madness? Have a little compassion. Wait until you get cancer. Your attitude about Marijuana will let the Cancer Kill you. When you could let the Cannabis KILL the Cancer. This is FACT. See for yourself at http://www.lynnicewedewer.com.

4. TwoCents says:

Here’s a thought, legalize it so folks don’t have to hide it indoors.

1. Anthony Smith says:

lol that 2 cents was worth 5 cents

5. rick martinez says:

What about all the emissions from mutli million dollar corparations and water bottles and food in our supermarkets that are made in labs ( 90% of the food out there, excluding organics foods of course.) all the emissions from cars…..ect ect ect. It’s funny corporations do all of this too. this article is a joke. Watch big companies start selling weed and they will be doing the exact same thing on a much much bigger scale. Then it wouldn’t be a problem, if they were doing it? right!??

6. Matt says:

How do you create your statistics??? How many marijuanna growers did you personally interview? Why would anyone reveal that they are growing marijuanna?

7. Alane says:

Legalize it, tax it, end of our economy problems. We would save billions on haseling small time growers or those that have the legal number of plants for thier script. It would give releif to the thousands, maybe millions people that would benefit from medical use but are afraid to use it now because of the legal hassel. There are fewer problems in society related to the use of marajuana than there are related to the use of alcohol, and alcohol is completely bad for you. At least marajuana has medicinal qualities. What are we waiting for? What are we afraid of?

8. TheDeacon says:

Why doesn’t someone point out that the Endocannabinoid System in our bodies and the Unique Relationship it has for all kinds of health benefits unattainable by FDA Approved Scheduled Drugs, with the Cannabis plant. FLASH: CANNABIS KILLS CANCER!!! Why isn’t this being pursued to the fullest degree? Money in thr correct pockets. Corruption my friends.

9. Johnny K says:

Show me one case where Cannibas kills Cancer. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha it may help with the muchies and keeping your food down while on Chemo, but the FDA approved drug Marinol does the same thing without the negative impacts to your lungs, and brain.

1. TheDeacon says:

ONE? i WILL SHOW 7 Different Cancers that Cannabis has KILLED in One person by the name of Lynnice Wedewer. Just go to http://www.lynnicewedewer.com, and see for yourself http://www.lynnicewedewer.com. If anyone with Cancer reads this please go to Lynn’s site. She was admitted to a Cannabis vs Cancer Life-Long Research Program at the U of I. Lynn has been using Medical Marijuana to keep Cancer at bay in her body since she was 17. That was 32 years ago and she still is alive without an Immune System and most of her Lymph Nodes. Cannabis is Lynn’s Immune System. She is Prone to Cancer because her Endocannabinoid System (REMEMBER THIS MEDICAL FACT) which we and all multi-cell lifeforms have is damaged and the Cannabis provides her with a working Endocannabinoid System. Learn why we have it and how it protects us along with the use of Cannabis… not sure about you though. You seem to have Transcended even God and have all the answer’s but you’re really the Anti-Christ because Cannabis is PRO-LIFE. It not only Kills Cancer Marijuana KILLS FREE RADICLES in the body. Do you know what those are? Educate yourself go to http://www.lynnicewedewer.com, and learn. I do not expect you to post anymore until you have read her site. If after that you still do not believe then I say next time you are nauseated try medical marijuana and see how it effects you. But first you have to smoke it so your body will create more Cannabinoid Receptors by which you feel the temporary, harmless yet therapeutic psychoactive effect. Marijuana is safer than any FDA Approved anti anxiety medicine such as Valium and Xanax. Many people have OD’ed and died from these drugs but not 1 from Marijuana. How do you explain that? If you post without looking up http://www.lynnicewedewer.com, and reading it I, and everyone else will know you are just full of hot air, playing with the minds of people. You are evil.

2. Lynnice Wedewer Ph.D. says:

Actually as a prfessional cancer survivior 8 times do you know how many people I watched die depending on the fake cannabis pills… they died those who took the natural plant lived… you cannot substitute that which God already made perfect

3. birddog says:

want proof there’s a 2 year old boy in montana who had 21/2 inch brain tumor was on kemo in utah said he wouldn’t make it , boy hasnt ate for 40 days parents got a medical cannabis card for him gave him cannabis extract threw a feeding tube that went threw his belly into his stomach almost instantly started eating and got better brain tumor disappeared!!! look it up 2 year old given cannabis your a blind idiot do some research
      JOHNNY K then why would fda try to come up with a chemical copy of cannabis if cannabis doesn’t work? doh!! cause it does, its all about money and population control
      fish oil for example FDA didn’t approve if it until ll they came up with a prescription fish oil and it has side effects what a joke

1. Lynnice says:

Cannabis Human The Naked Truth (Lynnice Wedewer, Ph.D.); Striping the human body and how it relates to the cannabis plant and how it meets God definition of crossing all barriers. To see the navigational index go online to http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id107.html or http://www.cannabishuman.org main site.

To see the Old Torah page which explains the mistranslation and refers to cannabis as sweet cane and Kaneh Bosm It states Kaneh-Bosm was mistranslated in King James to Calamus. See More: Cannabis Human page http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id76.html

God states: THOU HAST BROUGHT ME NO SWEET CANE CANNABIS http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabisandreligion/id70.html

1. Lynnice says:

God States in Matthew 11 IF YE WILL RECEIVE IT, THIS IS ELIAS – ELIJAH Elijah was the patron saint of cannabis known as the Green man. Matthew 11: 4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: 5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. 10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. 15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabisandreligion/id72.html

10. Johnny K says:

I see everyone blaming corporations, naming things that “are just as bad”. But I still have yet to see anyone name a benefit, i put those links there that show the link between pot and schizophrenia, and cancer.

Please be ignorant enough to try and discredit Doctors. haha

1. TheDeacon says:

You did not post http://www.lynnicewedewer.com, I did. And it proves that CANNABIS KILLS CANCER…FACT!!! Read http://www.lynnicewedewer.com read and believe.

2. Lynnice says:

If you would like to see more about how cannabis stops disease and more associations look at these additional pages then peruse on from there until your heart is content.

Cannabinoid receptor 2 (macrophage) aka CB2 or CNR2 http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id59.html

5-HT1A receptor serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id60.html

5-HT1A receptor 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id75.html

Pineal Gland http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id108.html

Cannabidivarine (CBDV) aka cannabidivarol how it stops acidic conditions by eating the acid in the body http://cannabishuman.bizland.com/cannabishumannakedtruth/id62.html

11. Kazoo Joe says:

Prohibition leads to waste, as in indoor growing. But the prduct is excellent. The energy usage of one weeks beer truck delivery could supply a medium sized grow.”Frankenweed” chemical pills touted by BigPharma absolutely prove the medicinal value of Cannabis.But drug warrior zealots just won’t let go of condemnation of the herb. See you in 2012.

12. L Diggs says:

Johnny k is a sad sad misinformed individual…. by the way J sounds like everyone is more educated on the subject than you! Imagine that another sheep reading the newspaper and believing anything they tell him…. now that is what is really funny hahahahaha!

13. TheDeacon says:

From: DrRevLynn@aol.com
    To: DrRevLynn@aol.com
    Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 4:48 PM
    Subject: dear jonny

Jonny, First I want to say I am sorry you have this attitude, indeed I am also sorry I did not see these comments sooner. Please let me introduce myself, I am Lynnice Wedewer, Ph.D. I am a 8 time professional cancer survivor. My first cancer was vaccine induced Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I have had multiple cancers and have had over the years many metastatic cancers. Currently I am walking my 8th journey with cancer and it is being cured with cannabis and a few supplements and a good multi-vitamin. This is absolutely true that cannabis can cure cancer. The only cancer I had that was not treated with cannabis was my first cancer 34 years ago, because it was not yet tried in my medical case.

My first cancer was the vaccine induced Hodgkin’s lymphoma disease. This was considered the old timers disease, I was 14 years old with hybrid blood. It was the SV40 virus that started my history with cancer and vaccine laws that require mandated vaccines without testing.
    I was born in 1962. I was around 12-13 years old when I received a series of 3-5 vaccines in a gun. I received this vaccine contaminated with SV40 virus years after they already knew these vaccines were risky and causing issues. Over my life that first cancer wakes up in various parts of my body. They never killed it, only put it into remission (asleep). The cannabis helps my body keep it asleep. There are only a few things that can totally kill the SV40 virus, vitamin B 17 is one of them.

1. Lynnice says:

Cannabis was proven to be another. In 1960, it was determined that the rhesus monkey kidney cells used to prepare the poliovirus vaccines were infected with the SV40 virus (Simian Virus-40). SV40 was also discovered in 1960 and is a naturally occurring virus that infects monkeys. In 1961, SV40 was found to cause tumors in rodents. More recently, the virus was found in certain forms of cancer in humans first discovered in 1976-1981, for instance brain and bone tumors, mesotheliomas, and some types of non- and Hodgkin’s lymphoma. However, it has not been determined that SV40 causes these cancers.

In fact my medicals records should prove this is in fact true. It was at Wilson Junior High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa I received my shot in the dark. I did not want it and even begged not to have it, yet I was forced into the line at school to receive my vaccine gun shot and polio vaccines. I reacted badly, I got so sick.

1. Lynnice says:

In 1960, it was determined that the rhesus monkey kidney cells used to prepare the poliovirus vaccines were infected with the SV40 virus (Simian Virus-40). SV40 was also discovered in 1960 and is a naturally occurring virus that infects monkeys. In 1961, SV40 was found to cause tumors in rodents. More recently, the virus was found in certain forms of cancer in humans, for instance brain and bone tumors, mesotheliomas, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and some types of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. However, it has not been determined that SV40 causes these cancers.

You may wonder if cannabis can cure then why did I even have cancer 8 times? Yes, I had more then one form of cancer in my lifetime. Because of the stigma surrounding cannabis no matter how much I realized my body “required” it so I did not develop cancer, as my body did not have it ability to do that on it’s own anymore, something broke that ability, I would quit taking it. I also realized and know that each time if I eat and smoke cannabis if I produce cancer, I will be cured of it.

2. Lynnice says:

Sometimes I would get stubborn in my life and stop smoking it for great periods of time. Not once was I addicted to it. I could stop at any time I wanted. The problem was my body required cannabis to live and on a daily basis because of many reasons one being the lack of a properly working immune system or lack there of. I have no spleen. Cannabis stops body wasting in it’s tracks the ability of my body to produce cancer. You will see this in my medical record. If I smoked it I would remain cancer free until a period of time after I quit. If I continued I would get no cancer. (note the above medical record and dates for proof) When I was in remission months to years later I would stop. You have to remember at first I did not want to do it because of what “we all were taught” cannabis is a bad thing. You need to understand that each time I quit smoking cannabis because I did not want to take it for life, it was a matter of time and my body developed another form of cancer.

3. Lynnice says:

I would like to teach you why cancer is indeed cured by cannabis. Believe me in the beginning I had the same attitude as you do now. Over the years I had to except that cannabis did and still does hold my cure. I knew many people would have a hard time excepting this to be true so I have taken pictures along the way so you can watch as it does cure it. I am not on radiation treatments nor am I taking chemo therapy. But I do also eat a good organic diet rich in colorful foods and raw vegetables and fruits and low protein (little to no meat). In other words all I have to do is support my body while the cannabis is healing it. Please review the images for yourself. Some may be shocking to see but well worth what you will learn. Click on any of the images to enlarge them http://www.lynnicewedewer.com/id11.html

After seeing these images you have to ask yourself why is there not a cure for cancer? Why is cannabis illegal? Why is not cannabis used to cure all cancer patients? We promise to do no harm first, is that not the oath the medical community takes. Is this policy upheld? Then again ask yourself why? Money… you are correct.

14. TheDeacon says:

15. TheDeacon says:

16. TheDeacon says:

They attempt to claim there are no benefits, is this true? Let’s look at facts, then you yourself make an educated guess.

FACTS DIRECTED QUOTED FROM: Medical Marijuana Studies and US Department of Health and Governmental Patents:

Marijuana Cannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD)
    Cannabidiol (CBD), is a major constituent of medical cannabis. CBD represents up to 40% of extracts of the medical cannabis plant. Cannabidiol relieves convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, nausea, and inhibits cancer cell growth. Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia. Because cannabidiol relieves the aforementioned symptoms, cannabis strains with a high amount of CBD would be ideal for people with multiple sclerosis, frequent anxiety attacks and Tourette syndrome. Cannabidiol is shown to decrease activity of the limbic system and to decrease social isolation induced by THC.

In November 2007, it was reported that CBD reduces growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro and reduces their invasiveness. Cannabis keeps in check inflammation as cancer dies, controls nausea associated to cancer. In addition it causes T4 Cells to thrive.

17. TheDeacon says:

Marijuana Cannabinoid Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) (is the active alkaloid in Cannabis) A Harvard study released on April 17, 2007 shows that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread. In studies tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 – 60 percent as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.

Researchers from Complutense University in Madrid have found that “the active component of marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, causes cancerdefine cells to undergo a process called autophagy. This is the breakdown that occurs when the cell essentially self-digests.” THC causes brain cancer cells to undergo a process called autophagy in which cells feed upon themselves, according to the study

Co-author of the Madrid study Guillermo Velasco and colleagues at Complutense University in Spain. After a 26- to 30-day THC treatment regimen. They found that THC eliminated the cancer cells while leaving healthy cells intact. The team also made another discovery when they tracked the signaling route by which this process was activated.

“We found that the anti-tumoral action of THC is based on its ability to activate an intracellular signaling pathway that promotes the activation of a cellular process called ‘autophagy’. The activation of this pathway leads to cancer cell death,” revealed Guillermo Velasco. The researchers declared that the work shows how “a new family of potential antitumoral agent” exists among THC and is related to cannabinoids.
    (April 2009 issue of The Journal of Clinical Investigation)

18. TheDeacon says:

Autophagy is the process of self-digestion by a cell through the action of enzymes originating within the same cell.
    The cannabinoids tested by the Spanish team are thought to work against prostate cancer because they block a receptor, or molecular doorway, on the surface of tumour cells. This stops them from dividing. In effect, the cancer cell receptors can recognize and “talk to” chemicals found in cannabis
    The process of self-digestion by a cell through the action of enzymes originating within the same cell.
    Antitumour effects of cannabinoids, where author Manuel Guzman shows that cannabinoids destroy many forms of tumors and cancer cells. He claims that “cannabinoids are selective antitumor compounds, as they can kill tumor cells without affecting their non-transformed counterparts.” In fact, instead of harming normal cells, cannabinoids “might even protect them from cell death.”

Marijuana cigarettes have been used to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, activate appetite, while suppressing wasting. Research has shown that THC is more quickly absorbed from marijuana smoke than from an oral preparation. (National Cancer Institute (NCI) scientists and The Institute of Medicine (IOM), part of the National Academy of Sciences). The IOM project was funded by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. The IOM released its report on March 17, 1999.

Cannabis has proven highly effective at controlling the nausea associated with chemotherapy, and its appetite-stimulation properties help combat wasting. Cannabis can also help control the pain associated with some cancers, as well as that resulting from radiation and chemotherapy treatment. Though as I said I cannot take any form of Chemotherapy as I am personally highly allergic to it. (Melphalan, Alkeran, Leukeran, etc.)

19. TheDeacon says:

Chemicals found in cannabis could prove an effective treatment for the inflammatory bowel diseases. Laboratory tests have shown that two compounds found in the cannabis plant — the cannabinoids THC and cannabidiol — interact with the body’s system that controls gut function. Dr Karen Wright, Peel Trust Lecturer in Biomedicine at Lancaster University. Her team’s work with two cannabinoids — called methanandamide and JWH-015 — is the first demonstration that such cannabis chemicals prevent cancer cells from multiplying.
    Dr Wright, working with colleagues at the School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health in Derby, has shown that cells that react to cannabinoid compounds play an important role in normal gut function as well as the immune system’s inflammatory response.
    “The body produces its own cannabinoid molecules, called endocannabinoids, which we have shown increase the permeability of the epithelium during inflammation, implying that overproduction may be detrimental,” said Dr Wright.
    “However, we were able to reverse this process using plant-derived cannabinoids, which appeared to allow the epithelial cells to form tighter bonds with each other and restore the membrane barrier.”
    Some will tell you that cannabis can harm you if you have heart disease or blood pressure issues, yet these medical and scientific facts prove otherwise, you be the judge.
    Now I would like to explain how cannabis has protected my heart through the process of killing cancer when I have aortic valve disease and high blood pressure.
    Heart Problems
    It is accepted in medical circles today that marijuana use causes no evident long-term cardiovascular problems for normal persons. Marijuana’s effects on blood pressure are complex and inconsistent as of yet.

Marijuana dilates the blood vessels and in turn that brings down the blood pressure, especially Indica. Sativa is known for raising the blood pressure only slightly.

Most recently, Swiss and German researchers have shown that a very small dose of THC slows the progression of atherosclerosis (clogging of the arteries) in mice. It’s a pretty amazing study, especially since atherosclerosis is the leading cause of heart disease, and strokes, in the world.
    I can explain how cannabis activates Stem Cells and visa versa. I could tell you how it protects my liver, my pancreas, and cannabis stops strokes. I could go on and on with this topic since I have been a medical clinical study participant for cancer and cannabis this June is my 31 year anniversary, though I have had cancer on and off for 34 years. Like I said only the last 31 years of my journeys with cancer was treated with cannabis. I could tell you how cannabis crosses over 6 million health barriers honestly using all medical studies, clinical trails, medical articles, governmental patents, and life experience. So you know I watch many people die over 34 years dancing with cancer from simply taking the synthetic forms of cannabis. To see the results I have over the years you have to use the natural unfertilized female plant. In fact just inhaling it does not give you the same effects you will see in those images. Most of the ways I have to take my medical cannabis does not have any euphoria which may interest you, only the inhaling I have to do causes this. I have to eat it (think cannabinoid oil), juice it (raw leaves and flower), wear it topically on the cancer sites (cannabis oil balm aka Balm of Gilead), and inhale it.

20. TheDeacon says:

Cancer Statistics and Cannabis Facts:
    1,529,560 people will be Diagnosised with cancer in the United States in 2010. Listed by the National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2010 Of the 1, 529,560 it is estimated that 569,490 of them will die needlessly.
    This means in 2010 in the United States at least 1,560 have died per day needlessly, 65 have died per hour needlessly and 127,463 are diagnosised per day needlessly and 5,310 are diagnosised per hour needlessly. Over 53% fall through the cracks. Listed by the National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2010.
    Cancer is currently responsible for 20,000 deaths per day across the world, or 7.6 million people a year, according to a new report published by the American Cancer Society. In addition, 12 million people are diagnosed with some form of cancer every year. The report, titled “Global Cancer Facts and Figures 2007” is based on data from the International Agency for Research on Cancer and compares the rates of different cancers between the developed and less developed world.

Of the anticipated 7.6 million cancer deaths in 2008, 2.9 million are expected in the developed world, while 4.7 are expected to occur in less developed countries. Approximately 5.4 million new cancer cases are expected in developed countries, and 6.7 million in those less developed.
    Cannabis can stop these numbers. Cannabis is a Cancer preventive and a Cancer Cure. I say needlessly because if they had ingested and inhaled cannabis medical and scientific proves these individuals would never had been diagnosised and none of them needed to die.
    To me it seems you think just smoking it can cure it. Though it is a part of it yes, it is only a small part in comparison. I believe you may not have understood this. In doing it this way it allows my body to safely intake the high amounts of cannabinoids my endocannabinoid systems and cannabinoid receptors require to not only kill the cancer but also cure it over a short amount of time. In my case I have to stay on it for life just at a reduced amount or I will again develop cancer. This is a fact proven by my medical history. If I quit I get cancer within a period of time. If I continue on a maintainence dosage I do not get cancer at all.
    You have to ask yourself why? Why is cannabis illegal? We promise to do no harm first, is that not the oath the medical community takes. The legislators, policy makers, and government claim to have our best interest in mind that they know what this is better then the people. Is this true, or are these policies upheld or is it just politics? U.S. Legislators and U.S. Drug Control attempt to claim there are no benefits, is this true? Let’s look at facts then you yourself make an educated guess and informed decisions.

21. Lynnice D Wedewer says:

Yet people die everyday from adverse vaccine reactions, vaccine injuries, vaccine deaths, how many commit suicide because of psychotropic medicine, have organ damage from usage of pharmaceutical drugs, with all of the side effects of all of these this amount is staggering. How often have you heard on the television a lawyers firm in a commercial asking if you have taken “this” medicine or have you been diagnosised with “this”, if so you may be entitled to a settlement. Do you listen to the commercials for all the “new” pharmaceutical drugs and how they list all the side effects if you take it, some of the more recent include death, seizures, or heart issues, paralysis, and more. Yet we choose things we know will hurt us because we are told they are ok by the same people who tell you there are no proven benefits of cannabis as a medicine. Does this make sense in light of the above information?

Why should even one more loved one die needlessly? Because of misconceptions? Because of lack of proactive education? More over it is because of the lack of United States Compassion Cannabis Laws and rescheduling cannabis? Cannabis is a herbal no less then echinacea which can cure the common flu or cold much like elderberry. Cannabis is proven so safe it cannot even hurt a baby in vitro, in fact can jump start the brain and is a neuroprotectant. Do you know anyone who has died from cannabis use?

22. TheDeacon says:

You can’t argue or even debate the Truth. In view of Dr Wedewer’s proof i.e. walking, talking proof that Cannabis Kills Cancer, how can the benefits of a healthy Endocannabinoid System via the Cannabis Plant continue to be denied? Are Medical Cannabis Patients the new people to persecute? Medical Cannabis Patients are definitely ‘Slaves Of The State.’ For the State is withholding the medicine that would save lives and improved Quality of Life for millions.

23. TheDeacon says:

“Johnny K
    Show me one case where Cannibas kills Cancer. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.—–” Where are you Johnny K???
    I know you will never be convinced until you get cancer but others have already been reached by the Truth. Are you still there Johnny K? Can and did you read the comments that prove without a doubt that Cannabis Kills Cancer, Johnny k? Oh well, others have and that’s what counts.

24. brddog says:

HERE YA GO JOHNNYK!!!!MAY. 6, 2011 By DAN HOFFMAN

In rural Montana, a man might have saved his 2-year-old son’s life by getting him blunted.
    !!!!!
    Doctors found a large, malignant brain tumor in Cash Hyde about a year ago when he was brought to the emergency room by his parents. He was immediately sent to Salt Lake City, the nearest city with cancer treatment facilities. Doctors put him on a heavy regiment of chemotherapy, which seemed to help to some extent, but the treatment decimated his body and caused the young boy to be so sick that he couldn’t eat for 40 days.So Mike Hyde, the boy’s father, slipped a little cannabis oil into his son’s feeding tube in the hopes of alleviating some of the negative side effects of chemotherapy.

“In two weeks he was weaned of all the nausea drugs, and he was eating again and sitting up and laughing,” Hyde said to ABCNews.com. He called his son’s recovery “a miracle” and the marijuana, which Hyde also used for his own attention deficit disorder, a “godsend.” Indeed, the doctors – who didn’t know Hyde had slipped the boy some ganja oil – were surprised that the 2-year-old hadn’t sustained any organ damage.

25. spinaldamage says:

Poor hateful john k.so unknowing.its not worth trying to educate anyone with such a sad atitude ,and evenidently thick head.