SAN JOSE (KCBS) – Students at San Jose’s Branham High School were sent home early on Wednesday after the second threat to the campus in as many days.
San Jose police spokesman Jose Garcia said officers were first called to the school on Meridian at Branham on Tuesday afternoon to investigate graffiti that referenced a bomb threat or the like. He said there was another threat on Wednesday.
“When the first administrators arrived, they learned that there had been a second threat to the school,” Garcia said. “I’m not sure exactly how they received that threat, whether it was by telephone or mail.”
Garcia said school administrators decided to evacuate the campus and send students home around 10:45 Wednesday morning.
“Once the students were evacuated, we had our officers from the bomb squad perform a search of the campus and all the buildings,” he said. “That included two police K-9’s that are trained to detect explosives.”
School officials have canceled all afternoon sports that were scheduled for Wednesday, but said school will be in regular session on Thursday.
(© 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)