Bay Area Broadcaster’s Billboards Say Judgment Day Near

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Judgment Day is just less than a month away – that is, if billboards that have popped up recently around the Bay Area are to be believed.

The billboards, placed around the region by Oakland-based Family Radio Worldwide, claim that May 21, 2011 is the date that God will destroy the world because of the sins of mankind.

Harold Camping is the founder of the nonprofit Christian radio network, which includes KEAR 610 AM in the Bay Area.

Camping says on the network’s website, www.familyradio.com, that evidence in the Bible shows that May 21 is “the date Christ will return for His people and begin a period of the final destruction of the world” that will end on Oct. 21.

Critics of Camping’s theory point out that he previously predicted that the world would end in 1994.

On his website, Camping acknowledges making the prior prediction, but said that was due to a misunderstanding he had about a verse in the Bible.

The network paid for billboards, which have been seen in San Francisco and in the East Bay. Family Radio’s website says the network has placed billboards throughout the U.S., and has also sent out volunteers across the country to spread their message.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services may have contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Kodiax says:

Camping, blow it out your arse. if God was ready to destroy the world , he would find someone at least a LITTLE bit significant.. you dont rate squat.

1. Karl says:

Another group has put up a billboard in Oakland and are debating Camping on their website…www.merkaba.org Does anyone know anything about them?

2. stephanie says:

Scripture is clear that no one knows when Jesus is coming back…so love one another (God’s greatest commandment) as much as you can because you never know.

1. c says:

Love the LORD with all your heart is the greatest commandment. Do this and all will fall into place.

2. Bill D says:

Correction: Scripture does pin point Jesus return. What it says no one knows is when Armagedon is coming.

1. Bible Believer says:

Please listen carefully to this:

3. drcid777 says:

I guess those of you as old as myself can remember groups of people saying “the end is near” quite often. Blindness to dogma or a desire to focus on anything but changing themselves and their views are two reasons people say such things. The band Love and Rockets speaks of another way, when individuals think that their own epiphanies or major realizations must mean major change for everyone because it couldn’t possibly be mainly about their need to change; “Here comes another revalation. A revolution for us all”- Earth, Sun, Moon

4. sean says:

I’m sure if we send the good Reverend Camping some money God will reconsider.

1. mother nature says:

I bet he takes Visa and Mastercard! I want to know if its PST or Eastern? I will need to get my hair done, and wear clean underwear! There will also be a Rapture Sale, and free Ice Creme for everyone! and do not forget the T Shirts

1. Father God says:

Ice Cream will not quench the fire and your thirst in Hell. It will not happen on May 21 unless your time is up before then. Watch out for God will send you something soon!

5. Brent says:

Dude that would suck that’s 2 days before my B-day

1. KERNBUZZ says:

Happy Birthday anyway.

1. Johnny B says:

We better tell you now because your not making it to your birthday !! REPENT NOW

2. michelle says:

so… how was ur birthday?
      did you live it up and ask for ur sins to be forgiven before going to bed ?
      i would have…

1. Gloria says:

those of us who believe in God and do our best to be the best we can be do not need to cry out to God for Mercy, he gives us exactly what we need, when we need it. Everyone has their own beliefs, so don’t try to push yurs on everyone else.

6. Victor Gongora says:

Hello friends, it is my pleasure to announce you the Good News. God tells us in 2 Peter about Judgment day and how it compares to the days of the flood that brought judgment upon the earth. In Verse 8 God tells us:”But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” 1000 years = 1 day for Jehovah. The Biblical timeline reveals us that in they year 4990 B.C. the floods started upon the earth (Genesis 7:11 “In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.”). Before the floods started upon the earth God gave Noah 7 days to get on the ark. (Genesis 7:4 “For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.”) Now Matthew 24:37 tells us: “But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” 7 days God gave Noah to get in the ark. As we know 2 Peter 3:8, 1 day= 1000 years. God gave Noah, his family, and the animals 7 days to enter the ark (signifying salvation) in Genesis 7:4. Likewise God gives mankind 7000 years to be saved. From May 21 (2nd month 17th day in Hebrew calendar), 4990 B.C.[when the floods began (a day of judgment)] to May 21, 2011 [Judgment Day (The coming of the Son of Man)]. 4990 +2011 – 1 )(the year 0 does not count in our calendar, thus we subtract 1) = 7000 years exactly.

Another proof: 722,500.0716 days (using an astronomical year of 365.2422) are from the day that Christ was crucified on April 1st, 33 A.D. until May 21st, 2011. 722, 500 breaks into 5 X 10 X 17 X 5 X 10 X 17. These numbers are used by God in The Bible with very specific purposes in many passages. 5 (atonement/judgment/salvation), 17 (heaven), and 10(fulfillment). Genesis 41:32 “And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because, the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.” This is why 5 X 10 X 17 is doubled meaning it is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass!

He will come as a thief for the unsaved, but no so for His elect on May 21, 2011. For they will be expecting Him as the wise men expected the birth of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Ecclesiastes 8:5″Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man’s heart discerneth both time and judgment. 6Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.”

1 Thessalonians 5:1 “But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”

Are you one of those people that say “peace and safety” or do you admit that you fall short of the glory of God as Scripture says on Romans 3:23″For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”. If you are one of the latter people, have hope, you have made the right decision and now God can save you through his mercy!

Psalm 51:17″The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.”

Now God talks about those people that fear Him, and are aware of His coming.

Proverbs 18:12 “Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.”
    Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”

1 Thessalonians 5:4-11

“4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.”

Listen to what God says about those who say God is not coming on May 21, 2011.

Luke 12:45 “But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.”

GOD never does something without revealing it to His people.

Amos 3:7 “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.”

Let us be ready for His coming!

Amos 4:12 “Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.”

Proverbs 18:13 “He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.”

Judgment Day is May 21, 2011. Are you ready?
    http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21 http://www.familyradio.com http://www.biblecalculator.com/ http://www.may212011.com/ http://www.the-latter-rain.com/ http://www.wecanknow.com/

John 15:15″Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”

Psalm 51:1 “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.”
    Psalm 51:17 “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.”

1. anthony says:

the only thing wrong with your hypothisis is that you assume by god uses these numbers in the bible that god wrote the bible….he did not…the bible was writen by man……………..

2. c says:

Yeah right, The Father doesn’t tell Jesus or the angels when the time will come but he hides it in plain sight in complex calculations that a “bilical shcolar” and former civil engineer can figure out.

He was wrong in 1994. That doiesn’t instill much confidence in his calculations now and when he is wrong on May 21 what will you say then?

You and others like Camping are false prophets (hurts doesn’t it?) doing Satan’s work and saving no one. You are doing more disservice to the Gospel of Christ than teh atheists who delight in your folly.

3. Ken says:

Please don’t be too distraught when your fairy tale doesn’t come true. I understand that you have invested a lot of your time and energy into your beliefs, but it is not your fault. Don’t go the way of the comet people, or the Jonestown gang when May 22nd rolls around, it is not worth it.

4. Ex-Canuck says:

Uh……, and how long have you been out of work now, Mr. Gongora?

5. n says:

You wanna know what I predict?
      Come May 22, you’re just gonna be one silly and embarrased person when you realize you were fleeced by a conman preying on your fears.

6. PastorGeneral says:

For all of those who are preparing to leave Earth on Judgement Day, I’ll be happy to look after all your stuff, as you won’t be needing your earthly possessions any more….

7. Fast Eddy says:

Then you won’t mind signing your home and other goods over to me as of May 22nd, right?

8. Mark Lofgren says:

Amen Victor! To God Be the Glory!

9. Hiker Gatherer says:

Victor, you are assuming a 365 day year, and up until 46 BCE, the year was only 304 days long. So based on the length of a year before the Julian calendar was excepted, shouldn’t well all be dead already? Did God change the length of his calendar year as well?

7. Steve says:

Does that mean there won’t be an NFL season after all?

8. Dave G. says:

While I do listen to Christian radio, I have to think that this is a scare tactic and probably horrible publicity that is scaring the weak minded. This is simply terrible. Shame shame shame on you!

9. Victor says:

Hey, CBS 5, can you please stop reporting too much on this billboard controversy, please?

1. Victor says:

And I condemn any speculation from conspiracy theorists that December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world. I think that that day after that day it will be delightfully normal. So I suggest the rest of the news media (local, national, and international) to not report too much serious coverage about that “end of the world” day. They are annoying.

10. Lee White says:

One of their “volunteers” left a flyer on my door. I sent it to KEAR and suggested that they not do that again or I might have to take a good, hard look at any FCC compliance issues the station may have. I’ll bet I don’t get another flyer. I think these predictions are sheer lunacy. I’m old enough to remember the whole Jonestown tragedy, so I don’t find such drivel particularly offensive.

1. Lee White says:

…oops, I DO find such drivel particularly offensive.

11. Chuck O'Connor says:

Oh my Goodness, has anyone made sure this fellow has his meds? Clearly he needs some help, wow. I hope he received the help is crying out for. Poor guy, his reality could be this, he might believe this, and not just be a publicity stunt, although I am leaning that he saw a giant uptick in donations in 1994 when he said this SAME THING and needs to reload the till, so he claims this with all of the recent world news to prey (pun intended) on those he can. But if he really feel this way, then he needs help and understanding. I hope he gets well.

12. Richard George says:

Nuts. The asylums are full of them.

13. Joni Halvorson says:

Been there, done that

14. campfire says:

but thank you for calling and sharing and shall we take our next call please…

15. Bob says:

Can you guys who beelive in this mail me all your money since you don’t need it after May 21st?

16. William says:

Worship God, not religion.

17. The A.M. God says:

God’s gonna be mad that you let his secret out. Have fun burning in Hell for eternity!

18. Michael Wright says:

Judgement day? Yes, May 21 is when I do my dance showcase and I better apply proper technique or it will be crash and burn!

19. Spartacus Levine says:

When one sees what lunatic bull**** these religious fanatics spout, one is increasing proud of being an atheist.

1. Phil Allen says:

Great name!

20. tomp says:

to all the followers of Rev Camping, please forward access to all of your bank accounts and sign over the deed to yo’ ranch and the owner’s card for your vehicle to me, since you won’t need it anymore…you can stay in your house till the 21st, just leave the car in the drive and make sure to take out the trash before you go.Thank you

21. davidbaker says:

Ive, talked to god personally and he doesnt know anything about it.email him at godsok@god.com. he,s having a birthday a birthday party for jesus dec. 25 2011. youre all invited except for camping.gods message to you.enjoy the summer campers luv ya?

22. craig says:

If this is true, I say we all get good and stoned on the morning of the 21st of May🙂

23. Katrina says:

So if May 21st is the end as they are saying, why do they list a time of 5:30PM to 7PM on the billboards???? Is that when the world will end exactly??? PLEASE!!! When and if God is going to destroy the world and those of us who reside on this planet, He certainly isn’t going to tell us when.
    Oh, is this from the New Testament??? Another man’s version of how it should be written. The Old Testament God is much more mean and vengeful….which one is accurate??? The Good God or the Mean God???

1. James Wichman says:

Come May 22, I will thank the good Lord Jesus for giving me another day in which I can enjoy the privilege of belonging to Him in His sweet love and grace, free from the mire of sin and death. None of these blessings havve a thing to do with Harold Camping and his terrible bill boards.

24. Craig says:

I definitely would trust someone named Katrina as a source for information about disasters🙂

1. mother nature says:

very accurate! where there is negativity and hate, there is wrath from mother nature! by the way, I heart there is no air conditioning in hell, and several radio and TV christian actors!

25. PSV says:

DONT PASS JUDGEMENT…WE ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON…WE ALL DIE….let the people in Christ have faith and hope ..and let all others have what they believe in….OUR WORLD IS BEAUTIFUL….its sad that there is so much ANGER…HUNGER…HOPELESSNESS…HOMELESSNESS…MEANNESS..and much more….STOP ALREADY….go about your days and we will all see what will happen…..God bless all mankind….for the believers in CHRIST…WE CANT WAIT FOR PEACE…NO MORE TEARS…NO MORE PAIN….as for non-believers….of a God….ok good luck in all you do…no hatred ,no meanness towards you ….just love …were all human…we all bleed…

26. Bubbles O'Malley says:

The man on the billboard looks like he is taking a squat.

27. Phil Allen says:

Does this mean that your radio frequency will be available May 22? We need a good Oldies station around here.

One other thing,..an omission, actually. Has Satan (or his team) been consulted? Is He on board? You know, this is going to wreak havoc with evil-doers everywhere. What are we, I mean they, going to do for trouble? Give up? Change suddenly? Leave government service (without pensions, etc.) or corporate cushiness? Think about these things BEFOREHAND.

28. Satan says:

May 21st, that day is perfect! In just a few weeks we’ll hear some lame excuse as to why the world did not end. I just wish it was sooner, I can’t wait!

29. steve r says:

This makes much more sense… Karma and how everything happens for a reason.

30. Phil Allen says:

My car has been giving me a lot of grief lately, plus today is my last day to register it. It needs a part I can’t find, and I’ll have to pay a delay fine, mechanic, etc. Whoopee!~now I have an out. I’m about to offer up a prayer of thanks.

31. I actually called this station and asked if I could have all their money and other assets, since they won’t need it soon, and they curtly said “No.”

1. mother nature says:

funny! The pope plans on having all his treasures burried with him in Poland!

2. mssypayne says:

I did the same thing too, they have not responded. I think the government should investigate group make sure they are not going to committee suicide. We should also all pray for God to enlighten Mr Camping.

32. Borrego says:

Aw man! I was gonna propose to my girlfriend on May 22nd. Oh well…

33. RickeyFitts says:

Does anyone else find the idea of a zombie Jesus rising from the dead after 2000 years a bit like a B-movie plot? Personally, I don’t put much credence in ancient writings by people who thought the sun revolves around the earth — and much less credence in crackpots who try to make scientific predictions based on these writings. Even if there were some speck of truth in the original writings, they’ve been modifed and twisted over the centuries by Kings and Popes, trying to keep simple-minded people frightened and ignorant. Take a fresh look at the christian bible – they’ve made that god look like a bi-polar sociopath!

1. Dotty Hinkle says:

I remember the last time they predicted the end was nigh… As my good friend Rickey says, anyone can slip a deadline. Peace out!

34. mother nature says:

Judgement day? wasn”t that on Tax Day? Judgement day is when we all pass away! whether you choke on a chicken bone,get hit by a bus,or get struck by lightning, the day and time is not perdictable! so, live your life, and try to clean up your karma! as, your deeds will determine your next life, not how much you put in the basket at church! If each person could actually live, love, and practice tolerance, forgiveness,instead of hate and judgement we would all be better off!By the way god does not take bribes, so practice what you preach, and wear clean underwear! just incase you fall from a building!

35. Pitz Lopez says:

Satan number is 666 which refers to the book of Revelation ( 6 Seal, 6 vile , 6 trump ), which upon the opening of the 6 seal, pouring of the 6 vile and at the sound of the 6 trump, the Antichrist or ( instead of christ ) will appear to earth peacefully and generously. Calling himself God, making miracles, bailling out everybody in their debts just to worship him. Then he will set up a new world system, a new world order and the whole world will worshipped him. Then come the Lord”s number 777 ( 7 seal, 7 vile, 7 trump ) and the true Christ will return. Amen

1. mother nature says:

does that mean Donald Trump is the anti christ? the teabaggers? I get it, play 666 on judgement day? or 777 thanks for the tip!

2. Bob Baily says:

Mathew 24:36 :

“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Rather than bash Christians, wouldn’t it simply be easier for you to simply quote the Holy Bible itself ?

Harold Camping is in direct conflict with what the Bible teaches, unless he can somehow explain his position which he doesn’t seem to do.

36. Spiker says:

BREAKING –
    End Of the World Day has now been cancelled. God is a basketball fan and would like to watch the championship in June. New day will be annoucned in July.

37. Spiker says:

Seriously – you Bible thumpers bore me to no end. This stuff came out 2000 years ago when man thought an eclipes was because a monster ate the sun. And the Romans thought it was cool to earn a few bucks from the poor peasants by simply scaring them with “end of the world”. Who woulda thunk 2000 years later you guys are still at it. Wow – you have to at least laugh at yourself when no one is looking.

1. Courteney says:

I laugh at them even when they are looking.

38. wut up says:

I’M A PROPHET!

I predict the price of stock in Kool -Aid to go up on May 22nd.

39. Tommy says:

if God loved us unconditionally, why would he let us die and burn in hell for eternity? And if there was truly a God, how do you explain Giants being swept by the Braves?

40. jal says:

Damn, that’s the day after my birthday and the day of the Big Event in my parents neighborhood, when 100 homes doe a group garage sale; Better buy quickly

1. Lulz says:

Where is this magical garage sale? I hope he can wait till the 22nd, I can’t bear to miss this!

41. peastalker says:

Oh for heavens sake! Get a life……

42. Lisa says:

BRING IT ON!! THIS WORLD SUCKS!!!

43. Jill Causewell says:

Anyone who knows their Holy Bible … knows that God specifically states that “NOBODY shall know the day nor the hour” of his second coming.

Mr. Camping, for whatever reason, seems to ignore that fact.

44. josh says:

Someone please fly a plane through that sign. Religious people are all DELUSIONAL!!!

45. Alex, J says:

Cant wait, LOL

46. Aryana says:

I am a Christian and I read the bible and NO WHERE does GOD tell us when the world will end. We do know it will end but God does not tell us what day or what time. This news is unsettling to me because I cannot fathom how anyone who is a Christian can honestly believe they know when the world will end when the bible puts it in the simplest understanding that we don’t know.
    I am sad to hear that these crazy people are spreading such news because we already have many people who are confused about what to believe. This is only making it worse. He was wrong with the first prediction and sadly didn’t learn from it. His predictions are exactly that a “prediction” and it has no truth to it. Only God knows not even Jesus knows. The bible clearly states that ONLY GOD KNOWS.

47. Caligula says:

I can’t wait for the Rapture, it’s gonna be a sick party on earth! Bye bye Tea Totalers, hello global party time! Woot, Woot!

48. Otto says:

People who think the world is about to end should not register to vote.

Leave the rest of us alone.

49. Paul says:

What a pack of fools! The same thing happened in 999 AD, when many Europeans couldn’t imagine the date going into four digits!

50. PastorGeneral says:

We actually do sort of know when the world will end. It’s about 5 Billion years from now, when the Sun burns up it’s fuel and turns to a red giant.
    This we know from actually observing the phenomena through out the universe and doing the math on what we see, as opposed to drawing conclusions from obscure written texts and reading sheep entrails.

Will humans be around to see it all end? I don’t think the odds are good on that one.

51. Mike Hardesty says:

Thank God ! I’ll never see another Oakland Negro after May 21.
    Praise The Lord ! And pass the rum !

1. mother nature says:

probably in your next life you will be a female and black, and live in the south! there is no room in heaven for racists!

52. Hockey Dude says:

My birthday is May 19th so now I’m going to party like a MF’r! Seriously, what a joke you can’t find better ways to spend your money than wasting it on billboards. Oh yeah, GO SHARKS!

53. cosmo says:

no harold you cant be on the kool aid mixing commitee . rev. jones trusted you .we dont.why dont you go sit on your couch and take a nap.thats what old senile people do.thank you for sharing and may we have our next caller!

54. NoEndOnThe21st says:

So once May 21 comes and goes all those behind this will look like the idiots that they are.

55. salsaa says:

you read the bible, yet, you say, only god knows not even jesus? jesus said I and the father are one (John 10:29) if God knows the day of judgment surely jesus would know also.

god gave noah 120 years notice of judgement and then he gave him 7 day notice of destruction and nobody listened they laughed, they scoffed and they continued afted their wicked ways….and then the door to the safety of the ark closed, the flood came and all the wicked were destroyed.

the bible teaches, as it was in noah’s day, so shall it be in the day of christ’s return.

we know what will happen to all the wicked people that are posting here, your fate is foretold. but, the bible teaches there will be a remnant that will be saved in the final days. my hope is that one person will head this warning and take a closer look and that you might be saved.

i have done my homework of meticulous study. 8 hours a day the past 3 years. i am not affiliated with family radio and never gave them a dime. i do believe his conclusions are accurate.

may god have mercy on those that hear the word of god.

1. mother nature says:

would that be PST or Eastern time? I just emailed God and She said, its been cancelled! She should know because God is a liberal democrat and lives inSF! Mother Nature has been busy enforcing karma in the Red States, where there is so much hate and negativity! you might get a fax from God, if you are kind to others, offer forgiveness, tolerance, and live in love and peace! There will be a big rapture sale at macys, with discounts for people with ruptures! She also indicates that she is not Bi Polar, and loves everyone: Jews, baptists, buddists, and all sects! whether you are gay, straight, black, white, asian, hispanic, indian, is no matter! have a nice day! Big discount on rapture underwear and T shirts, limited time offer!

1. Father God says:

There are two kinds of FOOLS! Camping kind and yours (you).

Psalm 53:
        “The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that does good.”

2. 1994_2011_NOT says:

I will buy you some chips Salssa on the 22nd and Camping will find another mistake and adjust the date. May God have mercy on those that hear Camping’s deception. He has milked many people since 1994. Just because he has, an authoritative voice does not mean he is authoritative.

New Living Translation (©2007)
      2 Peter 2:3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money (make merchandise of you). But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed

New Living Translation (©2007)
      2 Timothy 3:7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.)

56. Johnathan says:

Has anyone been able to find that awesome animated video they had for a moment on the report? I’ve looked for half an hour. It’s not on the Family Radio site nor on YouTube that I can find. I need to hear a cartoon bunny talking about Armageddon in a robot british accent. My soul may very well depend on it!!!

57. Julie Davey says:

Superstitious nonsense!!! There is no god, repeat after me, there is no god. Get over yourselves!!

58. Steve says:

What a bunch of fruitcakes! As if we haven’t all heard this nonsense a thousand times….
    I wonder what the profit angle is? There’s always an angle with these people. Are they squeezing money out of gullible people, telling them that they won’t need it?

59. G. says:

THE 21TH IS MY BIRHDAY, “QUESTION” WILL THE END COME AT MIDNIGHT OR WILL I HAVE ALL DAY THE PARTY?

60. Holyoke, MA says:

First and foremost, I believe Mr. Camping is incorrect about the date, simply because “No one knoweth the day the Son of Man cometh…”

However, for all of you who so quickly dismiss the existence of God, or if you would prefer, a supernatural being, I can only wonder what facts assisted you in making that determination. That is akin to saying that you understand the universe. Even our most intelligent scientists and theorists can only guess at what happened to bring about our creation.

Some of the most intelligent subscribe to the big bang theory – that from a cosmic egg, smaller than an atom itself, there was a tremendous explosion that, from nothing, created, and continues to create the universe that surrounds us. I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around that. I still have a problem conceptualizing that an object traveling at the speed of light would take 100,000 years to cross the Milky Way Galaxy, and we are able to gaze up at night and see that.

People really need to stop focusing on this – as Carl Sagan put it: “tiny blue speck of dust suspended in a temporary ray of light.” To dismiss the existence of God is the same as saying there is no way the little planet we inhabit could be in danger of destruction. Really?

The only thing that is certain is that we all have the ability to choose for ourselves. That is the beauty of it.

61. Bruce says:

May 21, 2011 is in fact Judgment Day, 2011
    Genesis 7:11 (King James Version)

62. Karl says:

I found an interesting video too

63. B says:

non- super believers like me, my son, my wife is the kind of person, God- yeah, ok, we will perish. A problem with brother Camping- a poor leader, he should not have publicized the only 3% going to heaven/with Jesus…Camping should be the one traveling around the world meeting leader to convince them, you convince the leaders, the people follow…

64. M K says:

Will Mr. Camping give me a post-dated blank check good on May 22, 2011? He will not need money where he’s going on May 21, 2011.

On another topic, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you.