Woman Killed In I-580 Rollover Crash Near Livermore

LIVERMORE (CBS SF) – A woman was killed in a crash on Interstate Highway 580 in eastern Alameda County Wednesday afternoon, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.

The crash was reported  about noon on eastbound I-580 east of Livermore near the Stonecut overpass, according to the CHP.

CHP Officer Steve Creel said a woman driving a green 1997 Honda Civic veered off the roadway onto the center median and went up an embankment.

On the way down, the car overturned several times before coming to rest, he said. The driver was ejected and landed in the roadway.

Passing motorists stopped and tried to help her, but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:15 p.m., Creel said.

No other vehicles were involved and it appears the woman was alone in her car, he said.

Two eastbound lanes were still blocked as of about 1 p.m., and Creel said they were expected to remain closed for about another hour.

Traffic is backed up in the area.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services may have contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Buckle up says:

No seat belt….pity

2. Juan says:

If anyone could put me in contact with her parents or live ones, please do so. I was one of the people there with Lauren trying to help before paramedics arrived. Thank you.

1. christine guzman says:

Juan, please email me at christine.guzman2011@gmail.com, I am her sister.

3. mike bassett says:

Lauren and I were going to be engaged next month. Please e-mail me mikey.bassett@yahoo.com.

4. Juan says:

I emailed you my telephone number, if you didnt get it, check your bulk mail box (junk). Otherwise you can email me your telephone number @ j.f.garcia@att.net Thanks.

5. Sheila says:

Thank you Juan for caring enough to stop and be with my cousin’s daughter. It means more than you will ever know. God Bless You!

6. Laura Toral says:

I’m a frnd of Lauren I heard what happened to her by another co worker! I’m deeply sorry for your loss😦 she will be missed. I pray God to give you strength! RIP Lauren😦

7. Christopher Ludy says:

As a co-worker and someone who considered Lauren a friend, I can say that Lauren touched us all with her smile and her “energy” for life. Lauren will be missed by all… I can tell you now that Lauren is still with us. There is a chair in my cubicle that Lauren loved to sit in whenever she had a moment… The morning after her accident when I arrived at work, therer was a butterfly that had taken up residence in her chair….

Lauren… Rest in peace my friend… Know all of us are carrying you in our hearts.