Stow Accused Of Trash Talking Before Dodger Stadium Assault

LOS ANGELES (TMZ) — The man who had a verbal altercation with San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium shortly before Stow was brutally attacked claims Stow was inciting Dodger fans by screaming, “I rather eat my own feces than eat a Dodger dog.”

The website TMZ.com obtained a text message sent Monday by Juan Banda, the man who had the pre-attack run-in with Stow in the stands. TMZ posted video of the altercation Monday morning.

A friend of Banda’s texted him that he saw Banda on TMZ. Banda texted back “They are not saying they are looking for me….right? Reason I was arguing w(ith) him was because he [Stow] crossed the line … he yelled out, ‘I rather eat my own ficies (sic) than eat a dodger dog.'”

Banda continued, “I asked Merced [a friend Banda was with at the game] to watch my back and told him [Stow] it was one thing to root for your team but you are crosing (sic) the line … he didn’t say much … neither him or his buddies who were with him … they were just trying to excuse his words.”

Banda continued texting: “Nothing happen and I went back to my seat. … What I can’t understand is where were his buddies when that [the attack] happened … he was not alone during the game … he was with 3 or 4 friends … he did have a mouth though!”

And Banda texted, “Maybe he said the wrong thing to the wrong guys!”

What is interesting about the texts, according to some, is it paints a picture of Stow trying to incite Dodger fans.

TMZ tried contacting Stow’s lawyer, but those calls had not yet been returned.

(Copyright 2011 by TMZ. All rights reserved. Republished with permission.)

Comments

1. Michael Aschoff says:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me … is there a Mexican equivalent to this?

USE YOUR WORDS!

1. Farmer Joe says:

its called put up or shut up

2. MD says:

How does being “mouthy” justify beating a man to an inch of his life? Mouthy or not, it does not excuse his attackers in the least bit.

1. sr says:

i agree completely. trash talking doesn’t give anyone the right to almost kill someone.

3. LOL says:

Oh, give me a freakin break!! He was talking about a damn HOT DOG for Christ’s sake! What was the point of this article?!

4. Anonymous says:

Shame on TMZ for their usual biased tabloid reporting…

5. Victor says:

Even though he reportedly “trash-talked” during the Giants opener in L.A., Bryan Stow is still considered the beating victim.

6. El_Oso says:

Why did his “friends” just stand by and watch him get stomped? What a bunch of Pu#ssyz! Who are these guys and what do they have to say for themselves?

1. Shannon says:

They didnt just stand there, they were beaten up as well. Know your facts before you make such a statement. One of the guys is a very good friend of mine and had his teeth knocked out by the other suspect while the man in jail was beating Stow. Maybe if you followed the case you would know such things instead of believing a TMZ article. So shame on you.

1. Stephen Quentin says:

Shannon, if he is your friend you are probably presenting correct facts so you are correct;however, I have followed this case extensively and until the last couple days there was no report that I saw that said anyone else got beat up or had their teeth knocked out. In fact that report that I saw did not mention anyone getting teeth knocked out or beat up just that other besid
        es stow were hit as they walked by the punks that did this. Initial reports that I read actually said he friends were to far away to help him out right away.

7. supportbryanstow says:

WOW! I BET THAT GUY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH STOWS BEATING. OVER AN INNOCENT COMMENT!

1. Jim says:

Well that’s a leap! Let’s hope the justice system isn’t quite so blind or hotheaded..

8. JUST SAYIN says:

I HOPE & PRAY THAT THIS NEW INFORMATION LEADS TO THE ARREST OF THE OTHERS INVOLVED.
    SINCE WHEN DOES HAVING AN OPINION THAT SOMEONE ELSE DOES NOT LIKE OR AGREE WITH JUSTIFY A BEATING AND ONE LAST THING I AGREE, NOT A FAN OF DOGER DOGS (JUS SAYIN)
    SHAME ON TMZ FOR NOT TURNING OVER THIS INFORMATION TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES INSTEAD MAKING OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENTS ABOUT THIS FAITHFUL SF GIANTS FAN & FATHER THAT DIDN’T DESERVE THE BRUTAL ATTACK NO MATTER WHAT HE SAID OR DIDN’T SAY!

9. Disgusted says:

I’m not in any way condoning what the attacker did to Mr. Stow, but if he was talking #$%^ that makes him far from innocent. It doesn’t give the attacker a right to kill either. Don’t think words contain much power? Talk to the souls who have taken their own lives over things people have said/done. People need to learn not to cross the line. Others think because they have crossed some line that they are justified in taking action of a more severe nature. In the end, the result is atrocious. I wasn’t there. I don’t know the details. Neither do you.

1. Stephanie Wall says:

Thank you!!!! He could have said something better, who would eat their own $hit….makes me sick!!

10. Miss Dee says:

Trash talk can get you killed. Living in the Bay Area, we all know that rule. Does it make what happened to Brian right – NO. There’s no excuse. I am interested where Brian’s buddies were when the beatdown occurred….

1. Alex says:

I have sat in the “Bond’s section” many times and have heard fans heckling at the left fielder. Many of the things the fans said was way over the line. I’m all for having fun, however words can hurt and start fights, I’m certain if your child was being bullied with words you would feel different. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t in any way condone with the men did, however when you throw fuel on a fire that is what you are going to get. People need to exercise decency and not degrade others, for their own satisfaction.

11. Me says:

have you heard the word “provocation”? that’s exactly Brian Stow was doing.

1. ron says:

The only provocation to this is if Stowe attempted to assault the other person. That is self defense. Ever hear of just flipping someone off or smiling and walking away?

12. Jim says:

No one has said trash talk is an excuse for beating up on somebody. But it can incite violence, especially when fueled by alcohol and basic stupidity. Prudence people, prudence.