Man Loses Fingers In Concord Fireworks Accident

CONCORD (CBS SF) – A 37-year-old man was seriously injured in Concord on Monday evening in an accident involving illegal fireworks, police Cpl. James Carroll said Tuesday.

Police and firefighters headed to the 2500 block of Olivera Road at about 7:50 p.m. after receiving a report of a person who was injured by fireworks.

When they arrived, officers found that some of the man’s fingers had been severed, Carroll said.

He was taken to a hospital for treatment. Carroll did not know his condition.

Information about the type of fireworks the man was using was not immediately available, but all fireworks, even those designated as “safe and sane,” are illegal in Concord and throughout Contra Costa County.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Nickolas Robinson says:

    Greatly vague article. Horrible lack of interesting information. Not even worth writing.

  2. Tired of Fireworks says:

    The words DANGER and WARNING mean nothing to people so it seems.
    They want to learn the hard way.
    Maybe an EXPENSIVE HOSPITAL BILL will help them learn.

  3. Unknown says:

    Ha Ha Ha now that is funny

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live