2-Alarm Concord Fire Damages 3 Homes, 2 Gas Meters

CONCORD (CBS SF) — A two-alarm fire in Concord damaged three houses and two gas meters, prompting PG&E crews to respond, a utility spokesman said.

The fire started at a house that was under construction at 5213 Skyler Court around 4:40 p.m., PG&E spokesman J.D. Guidi said.

The blaze spread to two homes on Mar View Circle. The fire caused extensive damage to a gas meter at 5216 Mar View Circle—the meter caught fire and gas was flowing, Guidi said.

KCBS’ Tim Ryan Reports:

Utility crews shut off gas service to the home, he said.

The blaze also spread to a home at 5217 Mar View Circle and caused minor damage to the home’s gas meter, according to Guidi.

The fire was under control by 5:22 p.m. and no injuries have been reported.

(Copyright 2011 by CBSSan Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

  • Tyler Burton

    i have video of the fire starting, i was across the street at clayton valley high at football practice, is there a way i may uplaod it to you guys?

  • Tyler Burton

    correction, i have video of the fire building up, the fire had already been going for a min, **

blog comments powered by Disqus
Guide To The Holidays
Shine A Light On The Holiday Season With ‘Giving Tuesday’

Listen Live