Stockton Teenager Out Past Curfew Found Stuck In Chimney

STOCKTON (CBS SF) – Stockton firefighters had to remove part of the chimney at a home Thursday in order to free a teenage boy who was stuck inside.

The rescue happened at 520 Baker Street. According to firefighters, the teen’s family first said he became stuck while trying to sneak inside after curfew, but later said the boy was only cleaning the chimney.

The fireplace is in the teen’s room.

Firefighters pulled the boy out at around 11 a.m. using ropes.

The teen did not appear to be injured.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. JayR727 says:

    This kid is lucky.

    A doctor tried same thing last year:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38939858/ns/us_news-life/#.TuzMUnqV-oE

  2. Jeff says:

    They put warning labels on everything else, maybe they should on Chimney’s…

  3. Michelle says:

    Oh please, Parents!!!! Stick to your original story that he was trying to sneak in after curfew. Making excuses for him makes you as dumb as he is! Stop making excuses for your kids actions or you may be calling the fire dept again for something else he was just trying to “clean” after curfew.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live