STOCKTON (CBS SF) – Stockton firefighters had to remove part of the chimney at a home Thursday in order to free a teenage boy who was stuck inside.
The rescue happened at 520 Baker Street. According to firefighters, the teen’s family first said he became stuck while trying to sneak inside after curfew, but later said the boy was only cleaning the chimney.
The fireplace is in the teen’s room.
Firefighters pulled the boy out at around 11 a.m. using ropes.
The teen did not appear to be injured.
(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)