Two Oakland Shootings Leave 1 Dead, 2 Injured

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Two shootings in Oakland on Saturday left one dead and two others injured, Oakland police said.

Police responded to reports of a shooting at 3:15 p.m. on the 2600 block of Fruitvale Avenue.

A second shooting was reported at 10:21 p.m. on the 1200 block of Seventh Street.

Two victims were found on the scene suffering from gunshot wounds.

They were transported to a local hospital where they are in stable condition.

Police have no suspects in Saturday’s shootings.

(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed)

1. warren spencer says:

3 more reasons why guns should be banned!!

1. SG says:

Right, because I’m sure the thugs involved all had legally obtained firearms. Idiot

2. taxpayer says:

3 more reasons the national guard should be brought in to round up the gangs and deposit gangs to a remote site and let gangs finish each other off…the vultures and scavengers will do the cleanup.

3. msangeljohn says:

great post….

4. babalouey says:

Why am I not surprised!!?? I’ve become so de-sensitized about the killings there because there as so many, so regularly etc. I agree with tread on me that you can’t stop the handguns. They come right across the border from Mexico. I do know that. BUT we must still try. I like the idea of a central prison shared by states.

5. colton Carmine says:

What is the score now? It would be past 500 if the criminals shot straight.

6. Nat says:

Both shootings on main roads at decent hours…not a good sign.

7. sfbaywalk says:

“1 dead”

“One person was shot, they were transported to a local hospital where they were later pronounced dead.”

8. tn says:

Just wondering about the “truly care” part that our Oakland leaders talk so much about how important it is. Take for instance a Mr. Ronald Dellums. He was the previous Oakland mayor who vowed to do everything he can to turn things around and make Oakland a world class city it can be. Well, since he mentioned and reminded us of how he wants to better the neighborhoods and make them safer, what has he done or is doing for the city he said he loves and cares so much about, SINCE HE LEFT OFFICE? I mean, not counting going to the bank to deposit his pension checks?

1. tn says:

Let’s see how Jean Quan will do for her city, AFTER her term is over. In fact, was there any former Oakland mayor who is making a difference in or for Oakland? Sad sad sad.

9. obbop says:

Any possibility that USA society in general is untenable and what with “diversity is our strength” and unifying bonds shoved aside and apparently the continued growth of an under-class shoved down into an economic quagmire and……well:

“There’s class warfare, all right, Mr. (Warren) Buffett said, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

“There has been class warfare going on,” Buffett, 81, said in a Sept. 30 interview with Charlie Rose on PBS. It’s just that my class is winning. And my class isn’t just winning, I mean we’re killing them.”