When you want to spoil your loved one or treat them to a little relaxation, a spa package is a fantastic gift idea and San Francisco has some of the most versatile options available. Read on for spa packages and gift certificate ideas whether you are on a budget or want to splurge this upcoming Valentine’s Day.
Earthbody Day Spa
Hours: Mon – Thurs 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Fri – Sun 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Each couples massage uses organic oils, fair-trade linens and pure essential oils to make the experience as blissful as possible. Lying side by side couples can choose between four massage options:
- Couples Essential 1 hour, $150 per person non-members or $129 for members
- Couples Excursion 1 hour 30 minutes, $205 per person non-members or $189 for members
- Couples Ritual 2 hours, $295 per person non members or $269 for members
- Couples Union Package, three 1 hour massages $870 or three 1 hour 30min massages $1200
Gift Certificates are also available: choose the amount you want to spend, the design, and type in your message and decide how you want it sent.
Hotel Vitale Spa
Hours: Mon 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Tues – Thurs 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Fri – Sun 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Price: See packages and pricing
Spa Vitale is located on the penthouse floor of the Hotel Vitale and offers three treatment rooms and outdoor deep soaking tubs. An oasis in the bustling city of San Francisco with breathtaking views, this is the perfect place to relax with loved ones. Try the weekday escape package during your lunch hour to take advantage of 10 percent off your treatment if you arrive before 3 p.m. The Romantic Restoration package for $450 includes a massage instruction class, two full massages and a soak in the spa’s signature tubs outside in the fresh air.
Nob Hill Spa
Hours: Mon – Sun: 8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Price: See packages and pricing
The Huntington Hotel Nob Hill Spa is fabulous at accommodating guests and customizing packages for special occasions, three of the designed packages include:
- Romance and Relaxation, $655 per couple in a Luxury Room: Stay in a luxury room at the Huntington hotel and relax with a bottle of sparkling wine before unwinding with a 50-minute massage for two.
- Synchronicity, $525 per couple (2 hours): Enjoy champagne and light snacks in a spa suite that overlooks Huntington Park before your two hour 50-minute couples massage.
- Harmony, $450 per couple plus dinner: Another 50-minute massage preceeds a candlelit three-course meal at the Big 4 Restaurant.
Gift Certificates available from the Nob Hill Spa store or online.
The I Spa at the Intercontinental Hotel
Hours: Mon – Sun 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Price: Couples Massage (30mins) $75; See other packages and pricing
Choose from two different couples massages enjoyed in a private room for two. Each person can choose his or her own option from the Express Massage or the Reflexology Massage. The Reflexology Massage utilizes pressure points to achieve balance and lessen stress while the Express Massage loosens muscles and increases circulation.
Gift Certificates available online.
Hours: Mon – Fri 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Sat – Sun 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Price: Side by Side Stress Reliever for Two; $395 and Side by Side Body Ritual for Two, $485;See other packages and pricing
SenSpa has been featured in top publications such as Allure, W, InStyle, C Magazine and American Spa. Rooms include the waterfall room and the fireplace room where clients can unwind in a serene environment. The stress-relieving massage features a 95-minute muscle refresher while the body ritual option lasts for 110 minutes and includes a 90 minute Japanese body ritual and Onsen bath for two.
Gift Certificates are available online. Simply choose the amount, design format, type in your message and how you want it sent.
How will you treat your loved one this year?
Related: Pros and cons of gift cards.
Parmeeta Ghoman, a freelance writer specializes in style and lives in California. Find some of her work on Examiner.com.