Pelosi Welcomes Komen Reversal On Planned Parenthood Funding

WASHINGTON (CBS SF) – The Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast-cancer charity has reversed it decision to cut funding for Planned Parenthood after three days of controversy.

Speaking on Capitol Hill, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi welcomed the decision.

“It just goes to show you when women speak out, women win,” Pelosi said. “Women’s health has a big victory this morning.”

“It just goes to show you when women speak out, women win. Women’s health has a big victory this morning,” she continued. “They made one decision. Now they have reversed it. We have a good outcome. I think we should just go forward with that outcome and focus on improving women’s health.”

The criteria that the charity had adopted would exclude Planned Parenthood for future grants for breast-cancer screenings because it was under government investigation—specifically, a probe launched by a Florida congressman at the urging of anti-abortion groups. Komen now says that policy will only apply to criminal investigations.

A statement from Komen says, “We want to apologize to the American public for recent decisions that cast doubt upon our commitment to our mission of saving women’s lives.”

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Guapi says:

I can’t believe they bowed to Dame Peolsi’s pressure. I’m pulling all my support from Susan G. Komen for the Cure until they refuse to fund organizations like Planned Parenthhood whose main function is to support the death of unborn babies. I’ll donate to the American Cancer Society instead.

2. Aries Post says:

There is a difference between opposing abortion and not promoting it. I don’t oppose abortion. It should always be a right. But this doesn’t mean it should be promoted. Good articles on http://www.ariespost.com

1. Guapi says:

I used to think like you until I realized that it should NOT be a right to kill an unborn baby… unless the life of the mother is in jeopardy. Because a person DOES have the right to defend herself against anyone or anything that may cause you serious physical injury or death. But otherwise it is murder to kill your unborn child.

1. Guapi says:

How cold and heartless. No wonder it’s so easy for you to agree with killing when you view an unborn baby as “a parasite”. TIP: You should never consider working as a writer for Hallmark Cards.

3. Guapi says:

“It just goes to show you when women speak out, women win,” Pelosi said.
    “It just goes to show you when unborn children speak out… oh, my mistake, unborn children can’t speak out… I guess… they lose!”

4. Guapi says:

Another cold hearted mind-numbed robot. These are not low lifes. They are desperate people who got into a compicated situation. They need compasion and support.. Not instruments to kill life inside her or people like you. Family, friends and/or church need to step up in such cases. There is actually a great deal of help and loving support available.

1. Dan says:

Whatever! What world are you living in? The world I live in is cruel and no one gives a damn about anyone else, open your eyes. Jesus freaks should keep their close minded ideology to themselves and stop pushing it on others. If someone wants to go to hell that should be their choice. I see you got my commet removed, another dirtbag that wants to run their mouth but expects others to stay silent.