Fire Officials Say Marijuana Grow Sparked Pinole House

PINOLE (CBS SF) – A house fire in Pinole Friday afternoon was apparently caused by an electrical overload related to a marijuana growing operation, fire officials said.

Firefighters responded to reports of the fire at 4:47 p.m. at 2355 Wright Ave.

First responders found smoke coming from the eves of a single-story house from a small fire burning in the home’s attic.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, and it was declared under control at 5:20 p.m.

Fire investigators determined that an overloaded electrical circuit that had been supplying a marijuana growing operation caused the fire.

Pinole police responded to further investigate the findings.

In addition to the Pinole Fire Department, the Rodeo-Hercules Fire Protection District, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and the Crockett-Carquinez Fire District assisted in putting out the fire.

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live