OAKLAND (CBS SF) – The man accused of killing seven people and wounding three others in a shooting rampage at Oakland’s Oikos University earlier this month pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and other charges in Alameda County Superior Court Monday afternoon.
One Goh, 43, entered his not-guilty pleas at the Rene C. Davidson Courthouse in Oakland at a 2 p.m. hearing.
Goh appeared in court dressed in red jail clothes, accompanied by his attorney, Deputy Public Defender David Klaus, and a Korean interpreter.
Goh, a Korean national who lived in Oakland, is being held in custody without bail and has been charged with seven counts of murder, three counts of attempted murder and 10 special-circumstance allegations, including committing murder during a carjacking.
Police said that Goh fled the campus after the April 2 shootings in a car belonging to one of the victims.
He was arrested in Alameda a short time later after he confessed to a Safeway security guard that he had just shot several people, according to police.
Goh is a former student who had left the school voluntarily. Prosecutors have said he appears to have wanted a refund of his tuition, and may have been targeting an administrator who was not present the day of the shooting.
KCBS’ Dave Padilla Reports:
According to a probable cause statement filed in court by Oakland police Officer Robert Trevino, Goh has admitted that he carried out the shootings.
Those killed were students Lydia Sim, 21, Sonam Choedon, 33, Grace Kim, 23, Doris Chibuko, 40, Judith Seymour, 53, and Tshering Bhutia, 38, and Katleen Ping, 24, who worked at the school.
Goh had stopped eating when he was first booked into jail, but he began eating again on Saturday, Alameda County sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson said today.
Goh will return to court on June 25 for a pretrial hearing.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)