SAN JOSE (KCBS) – Three men have been arrested and charged in last year’s shooting death of a San Jose teenager.
18-year-old Hanzel Saucedo was gunned down on October 17, 2011 on 1700 block of Ross Circle near Highway 85 and Branham Lane, a homicide that sent shockwaves through his neighborhood.
“That neighborhood off Ross Circle is a very quiet neighborhood and this was the type of crime that shook this neighborhood to its core,” said San Jose police spokesman Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
Noe Hernandez, 20, and Andy Gomez, 19, were arrested on Friday on a warrant for the murder. Another suspect, Jose Gonzalez, 18, was already in custody on separate charges.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office filed murder charges against the three men Tuesday with a gang enhancement, according to police.
“Section 186.22 of the California Penal Code specifies certain additional penalties that can be stacked on top of their original sentence if the crime that they committed was in the name of their gang or to further their gang,” said Dwyer. “In this case, we believe it was and the district attorney agreed with us.”
KCBS’ Mike Colgan Reports:
Police believe he was shot while standing near a parked car in front of an apartment complex when two suspects approached him. At least one of those suspects shot Sacuedo.
Saucedo was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose where he was later pronounced dead.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)