HERCULES (CBS SF) — A number of Contra Costa County fire departments teamed up to put out a residential fire in Hercules Saturday morning, a battalion chief said.
Crews from Rodeo-Hercules, Pinole, Contra Costa, Crockett Carquinez and El Cerrito fire departments responded to a call reporting a kitchen fire at 118 Bellflower Court at 9:39 a.m., Rodeo-Hercules Fire District Battalion Chief Brian Lowry said.
The one-alarm blaze was extinguished by 9:50 a.m., Lowry said.
Four juveniles were in the house at the time of the fire, the chief said. They were displaced and none were injured, Lowry said.
The blaze was caused accidentally when a frying pan with oil was left unattended on a stove burner that was turned on, the battalion chief said.
The two-story home is estimated to have $25,000 in damage, Lowry said.
The home is uninhabitable and American Red Cross was called to provide temporary housing for the residents, he said.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)