kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

Local

14 Hospitalized By Mystery Carbon Monoxide Leak In San Francisco

View Comments
Carbon Monoxide alarms are displayed in a Home Depot store. (Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Carbon Monoxide alarms are displayed in a Home Depot store. (Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Pacific Gas and Electric representatives found no source of the carbon monoxide that sent 14 people in San Francisco’s Bernal Heights neighborhood to the hospital Sunday evening.

A total of 14 people were transported to the hospital for examination after being exposed to carbon monoxide, according to a San Francisco Fire Department dispatcher.

The incident at 1223 Cortland St. was reported at 7 p.m., the dispatcher said.

The patients had some carbon monoxide in their bloodstream but a source of the gas has not been found.

A PG&E gas service representative arrived at the house Sunday night to check all of the gas appliances for possible sources of carbon monoxide. None were located, utility spokeswoman Jana Morris said.

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 53,829 other followers