Local

Santa Clara Deputies Cleared In Quarry Rampage Suspect Shooting

View Comments
SWAT officers patrol a Sunnyvale neighborhood during the search for the gunman in the Cupertino cement plant shooting, October 6, 2011. Inset: Shareef Allman. (Cupertino PD/CBS)

SWAT officers patrol a Sunnyvale neighborhood during the search for the gunman in the Cupertino cement plant shooting, October 6, 2011. Inset: Shareef Allman. (Cupertino PD/CBS)

CUPERTINO (CBS/AP) – Santa Clara County prosecutors say three sheriff’s deputies were justified in shooting the man suspected of killing three people at a quarry last year.

A report released by the District Attorney’s Office on Wednesday said deputies Fabian De Santiago, Christopher Hilt and Lindsay Crist shot Shareef Allman eight times on Oct. 6, 2011 when he made a threatening gesture with his gun.

The 49-year-old Allman took his own life, shooting himself in the head.

According to the report, Allman may have said “Kill me,” or “I want to kill myself,” before taking his own life.

Allman died after a 26-hour manhunt following the shooting at the quarry in Cupertino where he worked. Three people were killed in the incident and seven others wounded.

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 56,728 other followers