Following is a partial list of sandbag locations in the Bay Area as of noon Wednesday:
– Municipal Service Center, 7101 Edgewater Drive
– Drainage Division Facility, 5921 Shepherd Canyon Road.
20 sandbags and 50 feet of plastic sheeting available to each household and business.
– City Fire Stations
Limit of five sandbags per household can be picked up at the following fire stations: 3,6,7,8,10,16,17,20,21,26 and 28 .
– City of Pleasanton Service Center, 3333 Busch Road
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY
– Byron Airport, 500 Eagle Court, Byron
– Antioch Fairgrounds, adjacent to Delta Raceway – 1201 West 10th Street, Antioch
– Ambrose Park and Recreation Center / CCC Family Service Center, 3105 Willow Pass Road, Bay Point
– West County Detention Facility, 5555 Giant Highway, Richmond
– Contra Costa Fire Protection District, Station 4, 700 Hawthorne Drive, Walnut Creek
– Across from Contra Costa County fuel station, 2467 Waterbird Way, Martinez
– Sunny Hills Drive at the tennis courts across from the Red Hill Shopping Center
No self-service sandbag operations underway at this time, service will be provided if any kind of Flood Watch or Warning is issued for the City of Napa section of the NapaRiver or its tributaries inside the City.
Regularly- scheduled self-service sandbag operation will take place this Saturday, December 1, at the Corp Yard at 770 Jackson Street from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Sand and sandbags are provided at no charge to those who wish to keep them on hand this winter in case of flooding. Residents should bring a shovel and gloves and be prepared to fill and transport their own bags.
– Dept. of Public Works, 2323 Cesar Chavez Blvd. (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
– Northern end of Hopper Street, near Shamrock Materials
Residents and business owners can help themselves to the sandbags as needed.