MARTINEZ (CBS SF) – The family of a Martinez teenager missing since the end of February said Sunday night that the 18-year-old is safe.
Ryan Menjivar, a senior at Martinez’s Alhambra High School, was reported missing on Feb. 26 after he left his home in the middle of the night and didn’t return. He was last seen at the home around 11:30 p.m. on Feb. 25.
On a website set up as part of efforts to find him, his brother Mark Menjivar posted on Sunday afternoon that Ryan had contacted his family and is in good health.
According to the post, Ryan “has decided to not return to Martinez, but will continue his schooling elsewhere.”
The family said the search for their son is over now that they know he is safe and “ready to move on with his life.”
On the “Help Find Ryan” Twitter page, Mark said in a post Sunday evening, “Thank you everyone for your efforts. My family and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
A vigil for Ryan was held last Wednesday at Creekside Open Bible Church at 444 Fig Tree Lane in Martinez.
On Friday, the family posted on the website, www.helpfindryan.com, that he had been seen in San Francisco.
(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)