kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

Local

Firefighters Save 10 Bulldogs From Burning Concord Home

View Comments
Firefighters rescued 10 bulldogs from a home in Concord on March 29, 2013. (CBS)

Firefighters rescued 10 bulldogs from a home in Concord on March 29, 2013. (CBS)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CONCORD (KPIX 5) — Firefighters were able to rescue 10 dogs, all bulldogs, after a fire broke out at a Concord home Friday night.

Crews responded to a single story home on Hillsborough Drive, where a kitchen fire had started. When they arrived, the firefighters found the bulldogs in cages inside.

“We were able to get them out. Smoke was starting to bank down halfway on the walls and we got them out prior to reaching the dogs. So all the dogs are healthy and doing fine,” said Battalion Chief Andy Steffen of the Contra Costa Fire Protection District.

Firefighters extinguished the fire after several minutes. According to Claycord.com, the fire was caused by a pot left on the stove.

None of the home’s residents were injured in the fire.

(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 53,874 other followers