Getting Your Backyard ‘Rockstar-Ready’ For Summer
SAN FRANCISCO (ALICE@97.3) – Planning to have people over this summer? I can’t think of a better way to celebrate Earth Day this weekend than by getting down and dirty in your backyard! Northern California resident and Celebrity Landscaper Ahmed Hassan stops by the Alice studio with tips on how to get your backyard “Rockstar-Ready.”
Check out the full podcast here:
I first met Ahmed Hassan at the 2012 Sunset Celebration Weekend in Menlo Park. My wife and I are big fans of his from his time as the host of “Yard Crashers” on the DIY Network so we had to stop by and say HI! His infectious enthusiasm and passion for not just landscaping but life in general is pretty amazing and contagious. Calling Sacramento home, he was in the City so he “crashed” the Alice studio and we tackled such hard hitting topics as:
1. The first time we got the “landscaping” bug.
2. What to do if you have no idea what to do (or no experience) in your backyard.
3. The first steps to take when tackling a backyard project or makeover.
4. How the seasons affect your backyard(and garden).
5. The most basic needs to plan for a backyard entertainment space.
6. The weirdest thing he ever found in someone’s backyard.
(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)