2 Hospitalized From Chemical Spill In Downtown SF Restaurant

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A restaurant in downtown San Francisco was evacuated Tuesday afternoon because of a chemical spill, a fire department spokeswoman said.

The fire department responded to the One Market Street Restaurant, located at the foot of Market Street, at 2:15 p.m., spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.

Spilled hydrogen chloride was found in a bathroom at the establishment, and two people were suffering from medical symptoms, Talmadge said.

The pair affected were employees who had been cleaning the restroom, and they were transported to a hospital, she said.

Those who were evacuated were allowed to return to the restaurant shortly before 3 p.m. when the situation was deemed safe, Talmadge said.

(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live