Former 49er Kwame Harris Guilty In Attack On Ex-Boyfriend
49ers CentralBuy 49ers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Former San Francisco 49er Kwame Harris has been found guilty of several misdemeanors involving a violent dispute with an ex-boyfriend at a Chinese restaurant last year.
The 31-year-old former lineman was convicted Monday of misdemeanor domestic violence, battery and assault for the August 2012 attack. Harris was acquitted of felony domestic violence and assault. He’s scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 12.
Prosecutors say Harris became angry after his boyfriend at the time, Dimitri Geier, tried to put soy sauce on his rice at a restaurant. They said Harris pinned the boyfriend against a window and hit him several times in the face and head.
Harris’ attorney, Alin Cintean, says his client punched Geier only once and did it in self-defense.
Geier suffered several facial fractures that required surgery.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)