Teen Recovering After Catching Fire Outside Concord BART Station
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – A boy was airlifted to a hospital after he was burned outside of the Concord BART station late Wednesday night, a Contra Costa County fire dispatcher said.
Crews responded to a report of a male on fire at the Concord BART station located at 1451 Oakland Ave. at about 11:35 p.m., the dispatcher said.
When crews arrived, they found a male who had been burned and airlifted him to a hospital. Authorities tell KPIX 5 that the teen was apparently inside a car with someone else when someone lit a cigarette. BART police say he may have had some gasoline on his clothes, and a fire ensued.
The other person involved left the scene. The injured boy, who was being treated at Valley Medical Center, is expected to make a full recovery.
Further details about the incident were not immediately available.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Bay City News Service contributed to this report.