Seahawks Fans Plan Watch Parties At Several Bay Area Hideouts
49ers CentralBuy 49ers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – Believe it or not, there are some Bay Area residents who won’t be joining their neighbors on the ‘Quest for Six’ this weekend when the 49ers face the Seattle Seahawks with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. So where will ‘Hawks fans be flying their “12th Man” flags locally?
According to the NorCal Seahawks Backer Facebook page – which has close to 1,700 followers – fans of the top seeded ‘Hawks have several options:
- San Francsisco’s The Abbey Tavern appears to be ground zero for local Seahawks backers, according to the page. “They are the only place in Northern CA that flies the Seahawks flag outside 24/7,” claims the group’s website, which says a $3 IPA special is planned.
- In Oakland, Bill McNally’s Irish Pub is owned by a Hawks backer who said he’ll buy the first beer for folks in Seahawks gear.
- In Sonoma, the 49er fan owner of Steiners has said he’ll serve up $8 pitchers of Coors and 25 cent wings.
- Fairfield fans will be heading to Miko’s Japanese Cuisine, which is owned by a Seahawks fan who will do a buy one get one special on your first beer.
- In the South Bay, a big turnout is expected at Stephens Green in Mountain View.
- Another Hawks tells CBS SF that Seattle transplants often turn up at Danny Coyle’s in San Francisco’s Haight District.
The mostly good-natured rivalry between 49ers and Seahawks fans has included several back-and-forth pranks, a ticket backout for Californians, charity fundraisers and even put family members at odds. Click here for complete coverage of the 49ers quest for their sixth Super Bowl victory.