Man Saved From San Rafael Apartment Fire

SAN RAFAEL (CBS SF) — Quick-acting firefighters in San Rafael were able to rescue a male from a burning apartment Wednesday evening, a fire chief said.

Crews responded to a report of a fire at an apartment in the 100 block of Third Street at about 7 p.m., fire Chief Christopher Gray said.

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from a second-floor apartment in a commercial-residential mixed use building, according to Gray.

A male occupant of the apartment was found in the apartment and quickly brought to safety. He was transported to a hospital for treatment, Gray said.

A neighbor who had called 911 to report the fire also unsuccessfully attempted to save the resident, according to Gray.

Gray said the cause of the fire appeared to be an unattended appliance on the stove.

The resident possibly had a medical condition or reaction, resulting in the unattended cooking, he said. His condition was not immediately available.

© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live