SACRAMENTO (CBS SF) – Covered California, the state’s marketplace for the federal Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act, once again had issues with its website.
The enrollment portal has been temporarily taken offline because of software malfunctions that were affecting the consumer experience. Covered California decided to close the enrollment portion of the website early Wednesday afternoon.
More On Covered California Issues:
- Enrollees Complain About Limited Doctor Choices Nearby
- Covered California Enrollees Complain Of Bait & Switch
- Many Reasons For Inaccuracies In Covered California Directory
- Some Doctors Surprised To Be On Covered California Provider List
- Covered California Removes Doctor Lists After KPIX 5 Report Finds Mistakes
- Some Doctors Listed By Covered California Not Taking Coverage
Contractors worked overnight to correct the problems and said they hope to have that portion of the website back up and running by Thursday afternoon.
A check of the website Thursday evening showed the enrollment portal was not in service.
Covered California officials said consumers can still visit the website during the outage, for information pages and to use the Shop and Compare Tool to find affordable health care coverage in their area.
On Wednesday, Covered California officials said more than 728,000 Californians have signed up for health care through the end of January, with another 100,000 who have enrolled this month.