Burning Briquettes Force Evacuation of San Jose Apartment Complex

SAN JOSE (KCBS) – An apartment complex in South San Jose was evacuated Thursday after a tenant barbecuing indoors passed out from carbon monoxide put off by the burning briquettes, fire officials.

A hazardous materials situation was reported shortly after 12 p.m. at apartments on Makati Circle off Cottle Road, just a couple of miles from the Interstate 101 – Highway 85 interchange.

Firefighters discovered someone unconscious inside one of the units, apparently overcome by the fumes from an indoor barbeque. The complex was briefly evacuated as firefighters went floor by floor through the complex to ensure it was properly ventilated.

Fire officials said no one was injured.

More from Mike Colgan
  • http://pronewsflash.com/san-jose-apartment-complex-evacuated-because-of-hazmat-situation/ San Jose Apartment Complex Evacuated Because of Hazmat Situation | Pro News Flash

    […] Joe Rogers SAN JOSE (KCBS) – An apartment complex in South San Jose has been evacuated because of a […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Guide To The Holidays
Shine A Light On The Holiday Season With ‘Giving Tuesday’

Listen Live