2 Residents, 1 Firefighter Injured In San Jose House Fire

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — Two residents and a firefighter suffered minor injuries in a one-alarm fire Sunday morning that left a San Jose home uninhabitable, a fire captain said.

Crews were dispatched around 7:45 a.m. to a home on Rockway Drive where they saw heavy fire in a garage that had spread to the home’s living space, according to San Jose fire Capt. Reggie Williams.

A family of four was able to escape the blaze but two of the residents suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation and were sent to a local burn center for treatment, Williams said.

A firefighter also suffered a minor burn while fighting the fire and was treated at the scene and released.

Fire crews had the blaze under control around 9:50 a.m., Williams said.

The blaze caused major damage to the home, leaving the four residents without a home. The American Red Cross was on scene to provide housing assistance.

Williams said the fire appears to have been caused by a cooking appliance left on in the home’s garage and is considered accidental.

© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live