MARYSVILLE (CBS) – A Marysville dispatcher’s training was put to the test when she got a call from her own home saying her toddler was in danger.
Britney Melchor didn’t realize until the caller provided an address that the choking child being reported was her own.
“I heard him say an address and I perked up and then I heard him say it again and I recognized that as my own home address,” Melchor said.
The 1-year-old had swallowed a metal washer that fell off a piece of furniture.
CBS Sacramento explains how the boy’s quick thinking parents got the child out of trouble.