SANTA CLARA (CBS SF) – Chances are if you had a few thousand dollars to plunk down on a seat license and tickets at the new Levi’s Stadium then you won’t suffer sticker shock from the new menu at 49er games.
The 49ers wowed foodies earlier this month when they previewed a menu that includes steamed pork buns, wood-fired pizzas and barbecue jackfruit sandwiches and much more, alongside more traditional ballpark fare. But prices for the food, which came out on the team’s new Levi’s Stadium smartphone app, show that the grub is not so pleasing to the wallet.
Here are some of the highlights:
- The cheapest beer will cost $10.25 for a 20 ounce domestic like Bud Light, that’s up $.50 from Candlestick
- For just over half the price you can get a bottle of water for $5.75
- Hot dogs will run $6.25 – 75 cents more at Levi’s than they were at The Stick
- Those steamed buns will run you $10.25
- Sodas will be 25 cents cheaper, but will also be three ounces smaller
- The ballpark favorite Bavarian pretzel will cost fans $6.75, mustard included
- Candy will run you $6, as will nachos, a bag of chips is $5.50.
- A 7-ounce glass of wine will run you $12, the same price as a burger
- Pizza by the slice will be available for $8
The app also includes info on how long the wait times are at various vendors, and offers pictures of what the food looks like.
The San Jose Mercury News found that the modest increases in food and beverage prices, combined with the hike in ticket prices could roughly triple the cost of attending a game for many fans, and that’s without factoring in the cost of the seat license.
- Check out our complete guide to the new home of the 49ers
- Get the latest news on the opening of Levi’s Stadium
For more on what’s actually on the menu, check out our video report: