Baby Boy Born During Early-Morning Napa Earthquake
NAPA (CBS SF) — KPIX 5 reporter Joe Vazquez, outside Queen of the Valley hospital in Napa, reports that a baby boy was born moments before a magnitude 6 earthquake struck the Napa Valley early Sunday morning.
The mother is a Napa resident named Connie Navarro.
Vazquez says nurses had to protect the newborn from possible injury from falling debris.
The family hasn’t decided on a name yet for the earthquake baby. Joe reports the boy’s family is considering the name “Ruamoko,” said to be a Maori word for earthquake.
- Latest Earthquake Coverage
- VIDEO: KPIX 5 Quake Coverage
- Major Damage To Napa Wineries
- Napa Buildings Damaged In Quake
- Highway 37 Ramps Shut Down Pending Investigation
- What To Do During An Aftershock
- Earthquake Insurance (California Earthquake Authority)
- USGS Quake Data Page