Scientists, Politicians To Meet At UC Berkeley To Discuss Early Earthquake Warning System
BERKELEY (CBS SF) — Scientists and politicians planned to meet at UC Berkeley next week for a summit on developing an early earthquake warning system.
An experimental system gave a few seconds warning before shaking began in Napa last week.
That earthquake caused hundreds of millions of dollars in damage, and injured more than 200 people.
The summit begins September 3rd.
- CBS SF Earthquake Coverage
- VIDEO: KPIX 5 Quake Coverage
- Magnitude 7.0 Earthquake Strikes Peru
- High Probability Of Strong Aftershocks
- Major Damage To Napa Wineries
- Napa Buildings Damaged In Quake
- Vallejo Buildings Damaged In Quake
- What To Do During An Aftershock
- Earthquake Insurance (California Earthquake Authority)
- USGS Quake Data Page
- Follow @CBSSF
- Follow @KCBSNews