DALY CITY (CBS SF) — A citizen following up on a Facebook posting led police to the arrest of a suspect in a hit-and-run last week in Daly City.
Police said the man, a 30-year-old San Francisco resident, rear-ended a vehicle on Serramonte Boulevard at Gellert Boulevard in Daly City at 6:11 p.m. last Wednesday.
Police said the man was driving a white Nissan Frontier truck with a San Francisco Toyota license plate frame and no plates when he hit another vehicle, causing front-end damage to the Nissan. The man reportedly fled the scene after the collision.
Officers posted a picture of the man on Facebook, along with a photo of the truck he was driving. In an updated Facebook post today, police said a citizen called the Police Department on Friday identifying the man in the photo, leading to his arrest.
Police said the man, whose name is not yet being released, confessed to the incident.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.