(CBS SF) — A doctor in New York City’s Bellevue hospital has tested positive for the Ebola virus after treating victims in Africa.
Dr. Craig Spencer was working in Guinea before returning to the U.S. and experiencing symptoms.
Health care workers are tracing anyone he came into contact with in New York City.
Ebola patients in the U.S. have had a much better rate of survival, with only one of the seven known patients dying, a survival rate of 85% at this time.
- Republicans Block Emergency Zika Virus Funds As U.S. Mosquito Season Looms
- San Francisco Company Bungled Ebola Response In Africa, Investigation Finds
- 2nd Sacramento Area Patient Being Tested For Ebola
- UC Davis Medical Center Patient Tests Negative For Ebola Virus
- Potential Ebola Patient Being Treated In Sacramento
- Ebola, Bat Meat And Tracking Patient Zero— Global Stories Of 2014