SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Two passersby detained a man after he allegedly tried to steal a camera from around another man’s neck in San Francisco’s Alamo Square Park on Thursday, police said.
The attempted robbery was reported at about 1:25 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Hayes and Steiner streets, police said.
The suspect, described as a 20-year-old man, allegedly approached the victim from behind and tried to grab his camera. Police said a struggle over the camera ensued.
Two passersby stepped in and grabbed the suspect. They detained the suspect until police arrived, at which time he was arrested.
The victim suffered lacerations to his hand and knee but refused medical treatment, police said.
The victim’s camera was returned to him, police said.
RECENT CRIME NEWS:
- Shots Fired at Outdoor Party in San Leandro
- Two Suspects Charged In Fatal San Leandro Stabbing
- San Francisco Sheriff ‘Concerned’ After Deputy’s Gun Stolen
- One Dead, One Wounded In San Francisco Shooting
- Homeless Man Charged In Hate Crime Attack In Downtown Berkeley
- Reform Advocates Seek To Oust SFPD Officer Involved In North Beach Shooting
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed