SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) — A viral video shot outside a San Francisco restaurant may have people thinking twice about eating out.
The video shot outside Lucky River, a Chinese restaurant in the city’s Sunnyside neighborhood appears to show a worker slamming slabs of frozen meat on the sidewalk.
KPIX showed the video to residents near the restaurant.
“That’s horrible,” said Steve Vender.
“The sidewalks have never been cleaned,” said London Lacey.
As to why anyone would be pounding the sidewalk with frozen slabs of meat, an inspector from the San Francisco Health Department paid a visit to Lucky River and said the worker was trying to defrost the meat.
KPIX checked out the exact portion of the sidewalk seen in the video and found it covered in blackened gum, cigarette butts, and foot-tracked bacteria of all gut-twisting varieties.
The owner of the restaurant told KPIX it was an isolated incident and that the meat was discarded and the cook has since been fired.
“It’s highly unsanitary, I don’t know how they’re gonna clean the meat off after that. They’re gonna wash it but it certainly doesn’t look very appealing,” said Vender.
The last surprise health inspection of Lucky River earned it a score of 88, or adequate, with violations ranging from poor ventilation to improper food storage.
Yelp reviewers were less generous, with one mentioned there was a boiled caterpillar in the greens. “Yup. They boiled a caterpillar, Extra protein I guess,” they wrote.
“I won’t eat there again,” said Lacey. “I will not eat there at all.”
KPIX is still waiting to receive a copy of the latest health inspection on July 30 from the San Francisco Public Health department, as well a copy of the report on this latest incident.
The restaurant remained open despite the video.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video