(YOSEMITE.COM) – As of March 1, 2016 Yosemite National Park has a new concessionaire “Aramark”. A few things have changed and here is some helpful information for you to understand the transition.
Due to an unfortunate trademark dispute, several of the lodging properties in Yosemite National Park had to undergo name changes.
- The Ahwahnee Hotel is now – The Majestic Yosemite Hotel
- Curry Village is now – Half Dome Village
- Yosemite Lodge at the Falls is now – Yosemite Valley Lodge
- Badger Pass Ski Area is now – Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area
- The Wawona Hotel is now – Big Trees Lodge
Reservations made prior to March 1, 2016 are still valid and will be honored at the price you originally purchased. Any reservations made after March 1, 2016 may reflect a different price than you had seen prior to this date.
The lodging reservations phone number inside Yosemite National Park has changed to 1-888-413-8869
The new website from the new concessionaire is now www.travelyosemite.com
The most important thing to know is that Yosemite is still “Yosemite”, no matter what you call it or how you pronounce it… It will always be one of the most beautiful places on this planet.
CBS SF Bay Area’s Yosemite Experience
For more, visit cbsSF.com/YosemiteExperience
© 2016 Yosemite Mariposa County Tourism Bureau