Samsung Sued After Smartphone Allegedly Explodes In Man’s Pocket

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) — Samsung’s smartphone problem is getting even hotter.

A man is suing the company after he says his Galaxy Note 7 exploded in his pocket.

This appears to be the first lawsuit in the U.S. over the battery defect linked to fires.

Samsung announced weeks ago it was recalling 2.5 million cellphones.

This week the federal government issued a formal recall.

U.S. safety regulators first warned owners not to use the Galaxy Note 7 on airplanes. Now they are saying not to turn them on at all.

Comments

One Comment

  1. tn says:

    Samsung’s latest and hottest new phone to date, literally. The popular smoke-grey aluminum casing, is truly smoke grey, and guaranteed to be too hot to handle. Sorry, I really feel the retail price was really burning me up and would put a hole in my pocket. However, sooner than later, I do believe there will be a fire sale on these. I know, I should be fired for saying these things.

  2. Sammy Love says:

    In San Fransicko you can never tell if the fire in the men’s pants is from AIDS or from a smartphone. Regardless, there are so many men in SF that another one without real male genitaliaa is not a loss for the human race.

  3. David S says:

    This particular lawsuit is caused by S7 Edge explosion, not Note 7 which has been recalled. The S7 Edge hasn’t been recalled yet. Do a google search on S7 Edge explosion!

  4. Harvey says:

    Must be a really slow news day, if some guy’s fire crouch is considered news.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live