San Jose State Reviews Procedures After 2 Sex Assaults

SAN JOSE (CBS / AP) — San Jose State University will review procedures after failing to issue a student alert following a report two women were sexually assaulted by a water polo player at an off-campus party last month.

University officials say a campus alert was not issued because the man was immediately interviewed and investigated by police and school officials after the allegations were reported.

College officials also said Wednesday there was no immediate safety threat.

The suspect is an international student and his name was not made public.

He is believed to have left the U.S.

A spokesman with The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office has said the case is being reviewed for possible charges.

No arrests have been made.

The man has been banned from campus and team events during the investigation.

© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


One Comment

  1. Padu Noodleyang says:

    This was probably just a publicity stunt to get students to think about going to college. Situations such as these usually are just misunderstandings and no more than dating mismatches.

    1. Richard says:

      These stories are ridiculous to begin with and I have no idea why the media bothers to cover this garbage. Just women who are trying to get some attention and pity.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live