Health Topic Center
CBS San Francisco Health News
- Enterovirus Outbreak Reaches California With First Children Diagnosed In SoCal California's first cases of the uncommon respiratory infection enterovirus D68 have been reported by San Diego County health authorities.
- Best CrossFit Gyms In San Francisco The multi-faceted CrossFit program is designed to bring out the best in anyone looking to improve their level of fitness. Here is a list of five of the best CrossFit gyms in San Francisco.
- San Francisco Supervisor Wants To Make HIV/AIDS Drug Available To Anyone Who Needs It Supervisor David Campos wants the Board to appropriate an extra $807,000 to cover the cost of providing Truvada to any San Franciscan who needs it.
- Medi-Cal Starts Covering Autism Therapy For Thousands Of Poor Children Children enrolled in Medi-Cal are now eligible to receive treatment for autism spectrum disorders in an effort to level the playing field for kids from families unable to afford the expensive therapy.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Help Prevent 500,000 Americans Dying Each Year From Disease With No Cure, No Prevention Alzheimer's kills more people than prostate cancer and breast cancer combined, making it the 6th leading cause of death in America but it cannot be cured, prevent, or even truly slowed. Saturday, though, is a chance where you can do something about...
- Patients Racking Up Medical Bills Despite Affordable Care Act Even people with health insurance can still rack up significant medical debt, particularly if they get a serious illness. Now, a new service from Nerdwallet is helping steer individuals with outstanding medical debt to medical billing experts, ...
- San Francisco Could Be First City In The World To Provide Free HIV Prevention Pill To Residents A San Francisco supervisor is asking the city to provide a HIV prevention drug to all residents free of charge.
- Obama Sending 3,000 Military Troops To Help Combat Ebola Epidemic In West Africa The Obama administration is ramping up its response to West Africa's Ebola crisis, preparing to assign 3,000 U.S. military personnel to the afflicted region to supply medical and logistical support to overwhelmed local health care systems and to...
- Cancer Survivor Pushing Giant Testicle Across U.S. To Raise Awareness Heads To San Francisco The images are startling. A man, a dog, and a gigantic six-foot inflatable testicle trudging across the horizon. It's not a joke, it's one man's battle to raise awareness for male cancers. He's serious, and he's heading to San Francisco.