Health Topic Center
CBS San Francisco Health News
- Petaluma Slaughterhouse Co-Owner Pleads Guilty In Scheme Processing Diseased Cows The co-owner of a Petaluma slaughterhouse accused of processing bad beef pleaded guilty in a scheme involving a massive international beef recall.
- Cubs Had Smaller Grounds Crew In ‘TarpGate’ Game Vs. Giants, May Have Tried To Skirt Obamacare The Chicago Cubs had fewer grounds crew members during Tuesday night’s so-called “Tarp Gate” game against the San Francisco Giants. A newspaper reported that the team recently reorganized staffing to possibly skirt insurance requirements under...
- Brain Cancer Warning Stickers Proposed For Cellphones Sold In Berkeley Councilmembers Kriss Worthington and Maxwell Anderson have called for a city ordinance that would require every mobile phone sold within the city to carry a sticker “warning consumers of the risk of brain cancer.”
- San Francisco-Based Fitness Device Maker 'Fitbit' Denies Selling Personal Data The maker of a popular line of wearable fitness-tracking devices says it has never sold personal data to advertisers, contrary to concerns raised by U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer.
- No Ebola Virus Found In Patient At Sacramento Hospital A patient who has been isolated in a Sacramento hospital for the past few days over possible exposure to the Ebola virus does not have the deadly pathogen, health officials said Thursday night.
- Ambulance Diverted From East Bay Hospital May Have Cost Man His Life, Family Says An East Bay family said the decision not to take their relative to a nearby hospital this week was a fatal one. They said Doctors Medical Center had the equipment to save him from cardiac arrest, but the cash-strapped hospital recently stopped...
- El Cerrito On Track To Have Strictest Smoking Rules In California El Cerrito is going from zero to 100 in a move that would ban smoking from most public, residential and commercial areas.
- West Nile Virus Spreads In South San Francisco, Livermore, Mosquito Fogging Scheduled The West Nile virus has been discovered in a dead bird and pool of mosquitoes at Clay Park in South San Francisco, and at the Bruno Canziani park area in Livermore.
- Gov. Jerry Brown Passes On Ice Bucket Challenge, Dog Stands In California Gov. Jerry Brown has passed on the Ice Bucket Challenge, instead having his Welsh corgi take part in the benefit supporting the ALS Association.
- California State Senate Approves Requiring Lactation Rooms For Mothers In Major Airports The state Senate has passed legislation requiring large airports to offer a private space for mothers to breastfeed or pump milk.