Health Topic Center
CBS San Francisco Health News
- No Ebola Virus Found In Patient At Sacramento Hospital A patient who has been isolated in a Sacramento hospital for the past few days over possible exposure to the Ebola virus does not have the deadly pathogen, health officials said Thursday night.
- Ambulance Diverted From East Bay Hospital May Have Cost Man His Life, Family Says An East Bay family said the decision not to take their relative to a nearby hospital this week was a fatal one. They said Doctors Medical Center had the equipment to save him from cardiac arrest, but the cash-strapped hospital recently stopped...
- El Cerrito On Track To Have Strictest Smoking Rules In California El Cerrito is going from zero to 100 in a move that would ban smoking from most public, residential and commercial areas.
- West Nile Virus Spreads In South San Francisco, Livermore, Mosquito Fogging Scheduled The West Nile virus has been discovered in a dead bird and pool of mosquitoes at Clay Park in South San Francisco, and at the Bruno Canziani park area in Livermore.
- Gov. Jerry Brown Passes On Ice Bucket Challenge, Dog Stands In California Gov. Jerry Brown has passed on the Ice Bucket Challenge, instead having his Welsh corgi take part in the benefit supporting the ALS Association.
- California State Senate Approves Requiring Lactation Rooms For Mothers In Major Airports The state Senate has passed legislation requiring large airports to offer a private space for mothers to breastfeed or pump milk.
- Ebola Outbreak: California Patient 'Low Risk' For Ebola Virus, Extreme Precautions Taken Anyway California health officials say it is unlikely the Ebola virus poses a significant public health risk to the state, and the patient being treated in Sacramento for possible exposure is considered low risk.
- Sacramento Hospital Taking Extra Precautions As Patient Is Tested For Ebola Virus A Sacramento hospital treating a patient who may have been exposed to the deadly Ebola virus is taking extra precautions.
- Peanut, Almond Butters Sold At Trader Joe's, Whole Foods Recalled Over Possible Salmonella Contamination Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s shoppers may want to check their cupboards after peanut and almond butter sold at the stores were recalled over possible salmonella contamination.
- 4 Petaluma Slaughterhouse Officials Indicted On Charges Of Processing Diseased Animals A federal grand jury has indicted four officials at the Rancho Feeding Corp. slaughterhouse, alleging they slaughtered diseased cows while inspectors were on their lunch breaks and distributed the cattle.