Pro Football Kickoff
- 49ers To Inaugurate Levi's Stadium Era In Nationally-Televised Prime-Time Matchup Against Chicago Bears San Francisco’s first major league sports franchise will play its home opener in another city for the first time in 68 years, as the 49ers inaugurate the team’s new home in Santa Clara Sunday.
- Introducing The Latest NFL Vocabulary: ‘To Romo’ Move over Tebowing and Kaepernicking. During Sunday’s NFL game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys and brand new verb began to emerge – “to Romo.”
- 5 Lesser-Known Facts From Storied 49ers-Cowboys Rivalry You May Not Have Known While the teams’ star players and memorable contests have been well-documented, here are some lesser-known facts about this rivalry.
San Francisco 49ers
- Lt. Gov. Newsom And Wife Jennifer Denounce 49ers' Decision To Play McDonald California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom and his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, issued a statement Sunday, denouncing the San Francisco 49ers' decision to continue to play defensive end Ray McDonald during an investigation into felony domestic violence...
- SF Supervisor London Breed Says 49ers Should Sit Ray McDonald During Investigation Supervisor London Breed spoke to KPIX 5's Phil Matier on Sunday about her nonbinding resolution which calls for the 49ers to keep Ray McDonald from playing while an investigation of felony domestic violence charges against the star defensive end...
- Court Date For 49ers Player Ray McDonald In Alleged Domestic Violence Case Postponed The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office Friday postponed a court hearing on potential felony domestic violence charges against San Francisco 49ers player Ray McDonald as the investigation continues, the office reported.
- Raiders Fall To Texans, 30-14 The home opener for the Raiders (0-2) hardly could have gone worse as they fell behind 27-0 after three quarters.
- MJD, Roach Biggest Injury Concerns For Raiders Heading Into Week 2 Two weak spots from Week One—the running game and the defense—could struggle again in Week Two if Maurice Jones-Drew and Nick Roach can't get healthy in time to face the Houston Texans at the Coliseum on Sunday.
- Raiders Defense Has To Be Better In Week 2 If Oakland Wants A Win The Oakland Raiders gave up 402 yards in their opener against the New York Jets on the road, even though they gave up just 19 points. Some of that was due to the Jets QB struggling to hold on to the ball, of course, but the Silver & Black defense...