Pro Football Kickoff
- Best Bars In The Bay Area To Watch The NFL's Opening Games There are a myriad of great spots to watch sports all over the San Francisco Bay Area, whether it is basketball, baseball and even soccer with the women’s World Cup having just dominated the scene. Probably the biggest sport in the Bay Area, with...
- John Madden: 49ers' Jarryd Hayne Could Pull Off Switch From Australian Rugby Star To NFL Pro The pro football world is buzzing about Australian rugby star Jarryd Hayne's debut with the 49ers, and Pro Football Hall of Famer John Madden is joining the chorus.
- 5 Things To Watch As The 49ers Kick Off Their Preseason Schedule Saturday On KPIX 5 As KPIX Prepares to broadcast the first game of the Jim Tomsula era for the San Francisco 49ers, Sports Anchor Dennis O'Donnell gives us 5 key things to look for during Saturday night's broadcast.
San Francisco 49ers
- Super Bowl Quarterback Cam Newton Wins At NFL MVP Awards In SF Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award. Offensive Player of the Year, too.
- Ex-49ers Owner Eddie DeBartolo Awaits Hall Of Fame Fate Beloved former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo is getting a bit anxious as the time draws near when he'll learn if he's been named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- O.J. Simpson Not Happy With Portrayal Of Lawyer On TV Show Ads The former football player now Lovelock Correctional Center resident does not like the way ads depict former lawyer Johnnie Cochran in the FX show "The People v. O.J. Simpson"
- Goodell Vows To Help Raiders, Chargers Get New Stadiums NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell pledged Friday "to do everything possible" to help teams in Oakland and San Diego work to get new stadiums in their current markets.
- Raiders, Jaguars Spending Significantly Less Than NFL Requires The Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars are the only two NFL teams below the 89 percent cash spending required by next year, and they are significantly under the minimum, the players’ union said Thursday.
- Raiders Expected To Host Game In Mexico City Next Season The NFL is planning to play a regular-season game in Mexico City this year, a person familiar with the decision tells The Associated Press.