Health Topic Center
CBS San Francisco Health News
- $100M Donated To San Francisco Hospital For Research To Cut Premature Births A San Francisco hospital will use a $100 million gift to focus on premature birth around the globe.
- California Environmental Protection Agency Maps Areas Most Burdened By Pollution The science-based tool used by state officials identifies the portions of the state that have higher pollution burdens and vulnerabilities than other areas, and therefore are most in need of assistance.
- Insurer Admits Nearly 1,000 Doctors Wrongly Placed On Covered California Provider List Two months after KPIX 5 ConsumerWatch first reported about some doctors listed on the Covered California exchange were actually not accepting the plans, insurer Anthem Blue Cross admitted that nearly 1,000 doctors were erroneously listed.
- Allergy Armageddon 'Pollen Vortex' Following Polar Vortex Will Not Hit West Coast The West Coast has little to fear from the so-called "pollen vortex" of exploding allergens unleashed by the unusually cold and long polar vortex winter that plagued New York, Boston, and much of the northeastern United States.
- ConsumerWatch: Some Covered California Patients Say They Can't See A Doctor While open enrollment for coverage under the Affordable Care Act is closed, many of the newly insured are finding they can’t find doctors, landing them into a state described as “medical homelessness.”
- Drought Making Bay Area Spring Extra Tough For Allergy Sufferers It’s tough for allergy sufferers to appreciate the beauty of spring, and doctors say the drought California is facing is making it even tougher for them in the Bay Area.
- California Health Care Enrollment Exceeds Expectations A late surge of sign-ups pushed California's health insurance exchange nearly 100,000 enrollees beyond the original projections of the Obama administration.
- Boy Nicknamed 'The Bulldozer' By Friends Survives Brain Surgery In Bay Area Hospital A boy nicknamed ‘The Bulldozer’ is heading home after life-saving brain surgery at a Bay Area hospital.
- Report: State Improved Covered California Enrollment As Process Moved Along A new report on Covered California's first enrollment period points out some of the much publicized problems, but also gave the state’s healthcare exchange some positive grades.
- About The Bay: A Personal Look At The Cost Of Health Care KCBS and KPIX reporter Mike Sugerman had a firsthand look at the costs of health care with a recent health scare of his own, in his travels About the Bay.