A’s move to San Jose
Bud Selig will likely leave his tenure as baseball commissioner early next year with one unsettled situation that has him “frustrated.” The Oakland Athletics still don’t have the new ballpark he says he believes they desperately need.
A federal appeals court panel at a hearing in San Francisco Tuesday appeared dubious of a bid by the city of San Jose to reinstate an antitrust lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Spring training is winding down, and what’s become a springtime ritual in Oakland is happening again. A group of corporate CEOs are pitching to build a waterfront ballpark in the city, whether the A’s are willing to play there or not.
San Jose’s five-year court battle to bring the A’s from Oakland took another legal turn Wednesday when the city filed a federal appeal to the anti-trust case dismissed by a judge last year.
The city of San Jose won its request to a federal appeals court in San Francisco Thursday for a fast-track handling of its lawsuit against Major League Baseball.
Oakland business leaders are moving ahead with plans for a waterfront baseball stadium downtown and they have the support of Oakland Mayor Jean Quan but not necessarily that of the Oakland A’s.
The city of San Jose moved forward in two different courts Thursday with its bid to clear a possible path for the Oakland A’s to move to a new baseball stadium in San Jose.
Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig formally informed the Oakland A’s this summer that the team’s bid to move San Jose had been denied.
Lew Wolff said he is frustrated but will let Major League Baseball take its course regarding a possible move to San Jose.
A report that the Oakland Athletics will receive permission to move to San Jose by February is as yet unconfirmed. Saturday morning USA Today’s sportswriter tweeted: : “All signs and top MLB sources say that the Athletics will be granted permission by Feb to move to San Jose.”