A Concord police officer accused of stealing prescription drugs from seniors resigned from the department on Friday, police Chief Guy Swanger said Monday.
Prosecutors charged Concord police K-9 Officer Matthew Switzer on Thursday with two counts of first-degree burglary, one count of second-degree burglary, one count of fraudulently obtaining prescription drugs and one count of elder abuse, according to the district attorney’s office.
Two people, including a man with alleged ties to Mexican drug cartels, were arrested March 27 after detectives seized 37 pounds of methamphetamine from their vehicle, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office.
Rohnert Park public safety officers arrested four Sonoma State University students Tuesday on suspicion of manufacturing narcotics and possession of marijuana for sale.
Police have arrested 14 teens in connection with a two-alarm arson fire at an unoccupied Mountain View home where the suspects allegedly stole a car and hosted multiple drug and alcohol-fueled parties.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Jose Wednesday unsealed a 41-count indictment against 27 members of the San Jose-based “Mexican Mafia” street gang the Sur Santos Pride on racketeering, murder, drug dealing, firearms and other charges.
The San Francisco Police Officers Association has scheduled a series of fundraisers to pay for the legal defense of several officers facing federal charges for alleged civil rights violations. A raffle with some high-priced prizes is among the events planned.
Next fall, UC Berkeley’s largest student cooperative will be a drug-free living space with an almost entirely new membership, the result of a massive settlement stemming from an overdose at the residence three years ago.
A UC Berkeley student cooperative is reconsidering a permissive drug policy after a near million-dollar settlement with the family of Josh Gibson, a student, who needs around-the-clock care since he suffered an overdose at Cloyne Court in 2010.
Parents of students at a South Bay high school have been warned about a newly-discovered psychedelic drug after one student overdosed on it and was hospitalized this week.